Help me select a synthesizer! $1500 budget

mguz11

So I finally saved all my pennies up and have enough (1500) to buy a decent synthesizer. I originally had my eye on the moog sub 37 because I have always wanted a moog, but realizing most of the sounds are just bassy analogish or drone type I'm not sure if it's the way to go. I am looking for something with all around good sounds, something funky with nice bass selections and some good sounding real instruments Rhodes, organ, vocoder, pads etc. I do really want that moog but I wonder be able to get those sounds out of it. What on the market can provide me with what I'm looking for? Any expertise is appreciated. Thanks fam

I guess with that budget, you have already researched everything at and below that price range. There's a lot of good stuff to be had right now for decent prices. The Moog Sub37 is great, but if I were in your price range and looking to buy at the current time, I would also take a look at the Arturia Matrix Brute that was just released. A little bit more, but kinda knocks the Moog market out of the box judging from the features only.

I have not heard or played this synth yet, but if it sounds good then it's giving the whole analog market a run for its money.

I know I'll prob catch flack from people that bought otherwise or are dedicated to Moog....whatever, who gives a shit.

Back