[Help] Bringing More Punch To Kicks

R

Robby2382

Well, I have plenty of good kicks in my FL Studio library but I can never get the punch out of them that I want. I'll even use FL's EQUO and lift it to the top and it helps but it still isn't what I want. Is there a better plugin to use for kicks to get them real punchy, or is there something else I can use within FL? Most of my beats really get brought down from my kicks. Because they seem so flat and not punchy enough.

Also, how do I go about getting real good bass kicks? I've tried just putting punchy kicks and bass lines together which doesn't seem to give me what I want, and I've tried using kicks with bass already in them and using different notes and it still doesn't give me what I'm looking for.

I can't post links up to this song, but if you type in Kid Ink Whoopi and listen to it on Youtube, those are the type of kicks I'm looking for. I'm not trying to steal his style, but his and Meek Mill's are usually what I try to go for cause if I think of it in my head, that is what goes best with most of my beats.

Any help would be really appreciated, thanks!

heres a vid to give u a starting point, check youtube for other techniques for adding the punch u want. its all about trial and error, and eventually you'll find ur own way of getting the punch u want.

https://youtu.be/wjPKkFvfmL4

Last edited by a moderator:
Back