Go-Go Beat Tutorial

jadown

I was wondering if anyone has a fl studio tutorial of how to make a go-go beat. If it's just pics of where the Kicks, snares, congos, etc falls on the Fl studio patterns that would be cool. Just interested in the actual construction of go-go.

Buy some Chuck Brown records and study.
Really though, I don't know how well electronic gogo would come off. Its like jazz. Alot of improv etc. You could make a jazzy or gogoey beat but is it the same. Hmmm..

peace

it'll be hard tryna make it on a comp IMO...cuz i've tried w/ FL too but it never sounds right...might have to get on them congos and start a band to create that live feel lol

D/l some video of a gogo show. You'll feel uncomfortable making anything resembling that genre with a mouse. Unless its cordless and you're stepping and spinning the mouse around in your hand.
Yo I'm not TRYING to be a bastard but respect the gogo. The **** is GANGSTER! I cannot tell a lie when it comes to Dodge City..

peace

Sample some pots and pans and trash can lids and you're all good! From that point on, it doesn't matter what you do!

Back