T

TURPZ

Any1 No How To Get Drums On Beat On The Mpc500

Iv Tried Everythink

And Iv Tried Messing Around With The Quantize

There Must Be Another Way??

Please Help

Thanks.

Wrong section, repost this in Getting Started. It will get more views.

You need at least a little rhythm, there is only so much hardware can do. You record with the metronome on right?

Yes

I Record With The Metronome On And Record Each Drum Sound On Different Track.

But Say I Start With The Snair And Put It In On Every Second Beat.

But When I Try Puting In Kicks They Never Work Out.

I Was Even Thinking Of Selling My Mpc And Getting An Mpd Jus So I Can Do Drum On Computer

Thanks Any Way

You just need to practice changing from equipment to equipment your not going to learn much, master one thing at a time. If anything an MPD is going to make it worse, with computer related latency problems.

Yes But With An Mpd You Can Use Reason

I Could Use The Built In Drum Programmer In Reason For Drums So I Get Them Perfect On Beat And The Mpd For Sampling?

You could hook the MPC up via MIDI and use it with Reason. Really man you can make music how you want but your going to need some kind of musicianship if you want to be a producer.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's just takes time & patience man.....when first started fooling around with my SP-606 & now MPC 1K, I would be off a little bit at times. It did help that I already had a music background though, so I was comfortable with playing "in time". Anyway, you'll find your groove.....pour yourself a cocktail while you're working on your project, LOL.

Another thing could try is to slow your BPM down, play your drums more slowly, then set it to the BPM you desire when you're done. Good luck!!!

Back