Drumming tutorials

Taybot

I'm trying to learn how to lay down good drums on my mpd while my beat plays. does anyone know of any good drum tutorials, that teach you how to drum? I don't know how to drum at all.

Thanks!

practising is a good start. experiment on the pad and see what you come up with.

if your making beats in 4/4

try

taping your leg while counting 1234 1234 1234 and so on

1 downbeat kick
1 2 3 4 hi hats
3 snare

basic pattern...just add some more kicks to get a nice pattern

it really depends on what YOU want! This is just a basic start...Search for drum lessons in youtube....youtube can teach you a lot

hope that helps

practising is a good start. experiment on the pad and see what you come up with.

try

1 downbeat kick
1 2 3 4 hi hats
3 snare

it really depends on what YOU want! This is just a basic start...Search for drum lessons in youtube....youtube can teach you a lot

hope that helps

robotic beat..

try

1 downbeat kick
1 2 3 4 hi hats
3 snare

hope that helps

i repeat this is a basic lesson

in a 4/4 beat try starting with ur snares on beats 2 and 4, then add your kicks to get a basic beat going. from there u can add ur hats, shakes, toms etc.
Try not to use quantise on any percussion or like precision beats said it will sound "robotic", unless thats the sound ur goin for. same with velocity, try not to have it on full level or it will again sound robotic

by not having velocity on full do you mean don't bang as hard as you can on your MPD pads? I just tried not banging so hard and I think it helped, but is that what you meant? Thanks!

by not having velocity on full do you mean don't bang as hard as you can on your MPD pads? I just tried not banging so hard and I think it helped, but is that what you meant? Thanks!
No. On the mpd 24 there is a button that says full level. Turn that off. When that button is on it turns the velocity up to the maximum. When drumming some instruments have lower velocity than others. So, by turning it off it enables you to get a more natural sound.

Back