Drum roll

Hardada

Okay now, you might think im the dumbest ''producer'' ever, but im in the learning session still, so i really don't know that much...

Im currently working on a track, and all i need is just the finishing touches... But! My drop sounds kinda sudden, like it just comes out of nowhere..
So what i think i need is nice drum roll, and i've got an example of what i want it to sound like: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zlS94KuD0g at: 0:51 and 2:34)

I've tried to make something like it myself, but i just cant seem to figure out how to...
So, what i wanted to know if there is any tutorials of it, or even better, any sound packs whit some including...

Thank you!

You could use a drum roll, but what you are hearing in those spots is not a drum roll. It is an effect. Sounds like white noise, but something similar could be accomplished a number of ways. Personally, I like the "reverse cymbal" effect (cymbal sample played backwards so that the initial attack hits on the beat you wish to use as the set-up for the "drop").

GJ

Thanks for the reply!
However, i do already know the effects of white noise, and reverse cymbals... That is also including in the build-up... But as i said, it just sound kinda sudden when it drops, so i need this kind of drums.

this is unconventional, but you can arpeggiate the snares along one note. I know FL studio only goes to certain limit per note, but you can make faster ones if you arpeggiate along one note.I'm sure there's a better way, but that's how i make drum rolls and trap high hats.

Hey Hardada-- I understand (I think) what you're saying, and you certainly _could_ use a drum build-up/long roll to set-up the breakdowns... It's just that the example you provided _doesn't_have_ a drum roll; it's a white noise trick or other similar effect. No drum roll. So if you want help figuring-out how to do it, you've got to find an example that has one in it!! Then we can help you reverse engineer it...

GJ

Hey Hardada-- I understand (I think) what you're saying, and you certainly _could_ use a drum build-up/long roll to set-up the breakdowns... It's just that the example you provided _doesn't_have_ a drum roll; it's a white noise trick or other similar effect. No drum roll. So if you want help figuring-out how to do it, you've got to find an example that has one in it!! Then we can help you reverse engineer it...

GJ

Hi again!

I think that this is just a big misunderstanding... The drum roll you are thinking about is something like this: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFU_LIzIfyw 1:18 to 1:31)
But that is not what i am looking for, what im looking for is something like the example i used earlier. _24https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zlS94KuD0g 0:51)... Its just that little drum ''dung, dung dung'' haha.
Maybe it just me who doesnt know the real name of such thing. (English isn't my mother language). Hope this create a better picture of what i am thinking of :)

Well, there is what we call a "pick-up" or a "fill" that leads _back into_ the groove, _after_ the drop/breakdown/white noise effect I was talking about... Is that what you mean? It isn't before the drop, it's after...

You know what might help us overcome the language barrier and possible misunderstandings regarding terminology, and what might help us to help you to figure out what you need to do? Could you post an example of _your_ track, with timing makers to indicate where you want to have the fills, and perhaps a few of your attempts at doing it on your own? It would make much more sense to be able to _hear_ what you are talking about. If you are really talking about a short fill like those previously described, it's not a hard concept at all, but I'm not sure exactly what we're talking about at this point...

GJ

Last edited:
Back