anyone can teach me Tropical House

Justindai

hey guys! im back ;) I've wanted to learn Tropical house just like Kygo hes insanely good..but dont know where to start. Just like the drop of the tropical..cant understand it.
any teachers out there pls help. thank you very much.:victory::victory:

Last edited:
Hey Justin, it's me again. haha.. Interesting.. i've been listening to tropical house for about a month now. Just came across it while I was searching through YouTube.. What track specifically with the drop you want to know?

I think you are talking about the timing.. he starts the drop before every downbeat.. basically reducing all elements especially the kick then starts the kick on the down beat again

You have to be a bit more specific on what you really want to know.. its a bit difficult to know what you need to know.. you might be talking about the elements (instruments) used.. I really believe that what you want to know is the timing.. if you get the timing right.. everything will fall into place

Last edited:
wait..

starts on 1:13 rides,kicks..how did he do the melody on that part? it sounds diferrent on the other part

Im assuming you are talking about the scale/notes.. Ill try to experiment on it up and give you an answer if there is no other reply yet

He uses major scale for the progression then major pentatonic for the melodies. I made a sample for you to listen to and judge. I apologize in advance for the bad mix and master. It's a rough mix and I just used my laptop speakers to mix.

make a progressive house track with lot of revrb on drums(not obviously much on kicks:D), happy melody. and just less sidechain pumping effect. and a bit less elements that gonna play along. here we gooo

thanks.. hope it didn't sound very undermixed.. i used my midi keyboard then manually edited and added some stuff to make it sound busier

Back