Advice on Maschine and FL Studio

Retro Bandz

Hey guys, I was wondering about buying the NI maschine mikro, but I have FL Studio, I wanted to know if I should buy it or just stick with FL. I've heard the Maschine does the same as FL, but I just want more control over a sample without using FPC on FL. (I hate that shit with a passion.) Oh sorry, btw if i was to buy the maschine i would use the program or "dll" as a plug in and use the controller, in FL. Any advice or tips are welcomed, THANK YOU guys for your time.:cool:

i got maschine and i use Fl studio. i tend to use maschine as a vst in fl studio. In my opinion its way easier to chop up samples with maschine than in fl studio the time stretching in maschine is top knotch as well as the drum and percussion library that it comes with. I have the the mashine mk2 not the mikro version, and one more thing you can always sample in SliceX, whatever you slice up will automatically be assinged to keys. I've sampled from there and got some very good results. Hope this helps.

to be honest My maschine only gets used as a midi controller inside other DAW's. I rarely use the actual maschine software unless I'm chopping up samples, but then I bring them in to FL or PT or Ableton. It's got an awesome workflow, just doesn't work for me i guess. I would have been better off grabbing an MPD

The whole foundation of my beat is done in Maschine, I use ableton to arrnange, mix and add a lot of modulation and effetcs but the rest is all Maschine.

I can make a pattern in seconds, duplicate, double, copy and paste, layer, transpose with a push of a button.
I use note repeat like crazy, and will also do a lot of modulation using the hardware knobs to get a more live feel.
Even recording my keys I do right in Maschine, I can record a nice melody or progression, double it up and layer it, transpose it up or down, modulate to another key, copy to another pattern and some change for a hook for example, all on my Maschine hardware in literally seconds and without touching a mouse.

I know this can all be done in any other DAW with keyboard shortcuts (most people dont know) or by clicking away with the mouse no doubt, but the efficiency of my workflow with Maschine is needed.

The whole foundation of my beat is done in Maschine, I use ableton to arrnange, mix and add a lot of modulation and effetcs but the rest is all Maschine.

I can make a pattern in seconds, duplicate, double, copy and paste, layer, transpose with a push of a button.
I use note repeat like crazy, and will also do a lot of modulation using the hardware knobs to get a more live feel.
Even recording my keys I do right in Maschine, I can record a nice melody or progression, double it up and layer it, transpose it up or down, modulate to another key, copy to another pattern and some change for a hook for example, all on my Maschine hardware in literally seconds and without touching a mouse.

I know this can all be done in any other DAW with keyboard shortcuts (most people dont know) or by clicking away with the mouse no doubt, but the efficiency of my workflow with Maschine is needed.

Are you talking about running maschine as a vst through ableton ?

Are you talking about running maschine as a vst through ableton ?

I mostly use Maschine as a stand alone and then track it out to Ableton for arranging and mixing.
Once in Ableton too, I'll do a lot of automation and effects.
Also if I had used any samples or flipped a sample in Maschine, I'll often play with the samples once in Ableton to see what effect or change I can get to maybe add as an extra flavor to the track.

I use Maschine as a pluggin if I've already tracked everything out into Ableton and I maybe want to add some more sounds.
But for the bulk of the beat, I use Maschine.
My first hour or 2 will be done on Maschine (the foundation), everything else gets done in Ableton.

I basicly use what I love from each program to my advantage and have my own work flow. You'll develop your own, but in general Maschine is good, I love it. And I know there is still much more I can do, especially tied in with Ableton, I just haven't gotten there yet.

Back