About microphone selection

Dimos Zagaris

Hello guys ..I would like your advice about a microphone selection

Yesterday i tried in my voice the brauner phantom classic and its very soft microphone in my voice
Like in this video test

This is another microphone test with se 2200a ii c

Its better in my voice cause it has better low end but its little muddy in low mid
like this too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfExEPjwc-E

I tried akg 414 but too thin in my voice
also rode nt1,

I tried jz vintage 11 but its too much warm in my voice

Now im thinkig neumann 193 or se2200 ii with focusrite isa one
Will it change the sound of se2200a ii if i will add focusirite isa one?

This is not to promote my channel or get viewS..i just want a microphone like manley or u87 focucused with good low end and great higs..Is this possible?

I actually own the M-Audio Sputnik. It retailed for a grand. I remember when XXL had SCRATCH Magazine and Dr. Dre actually said a few things about the mic and although they have those expensive ass Sony mics at Aftermath, Dr. Dre did claim that he thought the mic was great, so he got a few of them. I ended up with one maybe abbout 6 years ago and the mic NEVER lets me down. Before that mic I was using something that was about $150, and the M-Audio Sputnik truly shows that you get what you pay for. Nowadays you can find a M-Audio Sputnik for about $350-$500 and sometimes NEW at that price on eBay.

I actually own the M-Audio Sputnik. It retailed for a grand. I remember when XXL had SCRATCH Magazine and Dr. Dre actually said a few things about the mic and although they have those expensive ass Sony mics at Aftermath, Dr. Dre did claim that he thought the mic was great, so he got a few of them. I ended up with one maybe abbout 6 years ago and the mic NEVER lets me down. Before that mic I was using something that was about $150, and the M-Audio Sputnik truly shows that you get what you pay for. Nowadays you can find a M-Audio Sputnik for about $350-$500 and sometimes NEW at that price on eBay.

Do you have any samples of this microphone?

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Se 2200a II gave me a deep voice, and contrary to reports Ive read here makes a perfect male vocal (at least to me anyway), while the mic is a bit colored, it would be perfect for a male vocal looking for a deeper voice while maintaining the high end of the vocals. Check out this website with a list of microphones that might meet your expectations, it really helped me in choosing the right microphone for my studio set up. [/FONT]

Audio Recording Tips - Improve Your Sound

I'm surprised the 414 was too 'thin' for your register. You may have been singing too far in order to avoid proximity effect, if you sing 6-8 inches from the diaphragm should get a better balance. If you put up a sample that would be helpful in aiding you. You can also go with an SM7b dynamic; great price, smooth highs and tight low end response with little coloration

Back