Zahara - New action piece

thebluemask

Here's a new piece in a similar extended vein to the last demo I put up.

I tried to make it action-y in a Bourne Identity kind of way (ie mix orchestral elements with more contemporary drums).

I guess I had in mind a more modern update of an 'action hero' who's name begins with the same letter as the track...

Let me know any thoughts:

Zahara

i liked it.... nice suspence and movement. the mix sounded really nice. sound positioning excellent. i could really see this on something such as u discribed. been awhile since iv heard a gud piece. how long have you been doing scores/sound tracking? also what did you use? strings etc D

Thanks for listening.

For the orchestral stuff, I use East West products (Symphonic Orchestra - Gold & Silver editions) and also East West Stormdrum for percussion. I've been using EW products for about 18 months now. Highly recommend them.

I'm likely going to be purchasing EWQLSO Silver before Christmas. Every time I hear something made with it, I get excited.

As for the Stormdrum pack, what all is there in it? Is it a huge pack with all different styles of percussion, or is it exclusively drums? I really need a good collection of percussion.

Thanks

Stormdrum has two aspects - the Intakt samples which are loops - I used some of these in Zahara but generally they'll soon run out of use as they're quickly becoming overused (due to tracks like this one :o ) and the individual multisampled percussions which are much more useful - that's what I'm working on now.

The percussion instruments cover a wide range of different 'world' percussion instruments and let you build your own percussion tracks:

http://www.soundsonline.com/sophtml/details.phtml?sku=EW-162

just listened again. awesume! lol i love this. got a bourne identity feel. sound put it forward for some action films. D

***edit***
lol just read your first post again. guessing you already had bourne identity in mind

Last edited:
Bluemask:
Good to hear more of your work.

It's very good..and because it's very good, I need to derail your thread momentarily....

I encourage you to obtain a product called Zortam Media Studio. They have a free version that will let you edit your ID3 tags in your mp3 files (including the extended info like lyrics.)

I suggest this because it's such a small investment and it reaps so much, especially given so many automated indexing systems on the web (like, Google.) Further, iTunes and Windows Media Player keep the media info from all the files you play in your library (providing you've allowed the default options to do so.) This makes it easy for people to index and notate tracks they've found online....maybe on their del.icio.us...as an example. ;)

Again, great work, and sorry to derail.

-fg

Thanks for the info fg.

You're definitely right about tagging mp3s properly. In fact, on my last website update a couple of months ago, I thought I did just that on most of the mp3s I have there. And after getting an ipod recently, it's definitely a plus point if tracks have got as much info tagged as possible.

On this one, I forgot to do it before uploading but I'll make sure I go through and check the tags on the rest of the files.

Thanks for listening.

hay havent seen you posting around.... studio got EQ Gold this week.... OMG :D lol beautiful!!! gona have a play this week!

D

AMAZING STUFF MAN!!!!! TEACH ME!!!! lol... by the way what computer are you running your SW orchestra on? PC or MAC??? i`m in need of a new computer have been using my laptop that can`t even handle 2 VSTS at the same time... :o(... I would love to work on MAC but i`m so used to PCs i will the switch will be hard for me...

Good work. The EW libs are nice. Are you running multi systems? What specs are on them? Just curious to see what everyone elses setups are. Peace

I dont hear much scores and stuff. But i can picture wesley snipes chasing a freakin vampire or something in the new blade. and Hes racing against time to kill him before he reaches his tomb to wake the undead.

But this is hot.
I make rnb and rap beats and this is cool stuff. Like the strings and stabs. The percussion keeps the movement, and the climax is the bit where the elder vampire gets his goal. Which everntually leads to the final battle of the movie.

Sounds cool dog.

Its all software right?

Back