Your Music !

i got registered, to traxinspace.com, but i didnt likeit at all. they are taking may formats of music files but not , flp files , i dont know y, but it takes a lot of time, to upload and get a song aprooved, i think mp3.com is the best.

as three weeks of waiting for these songs to be approved I decided to write to mp3.com to see what they have to say about this lengthy wait. Perhaps they figure if I wait long enough I"ll start paying them there $19 a month or something.

taos

What should we do guys? Mp3.com promised us that Premium Artists gets approval faster that is withing 2 to 3 days. So what should we do?

he best thing is WRITE TO THEM ABOUT THIS...we cannot see our time go waste like this......just to pass the examinations..... Better Write it to the CEO of mp3.com. and this work should be done by ManoOne.:eek: or any one else , u can tell......

I wrote to them. But their reply is slower than snail mail. It took them 1 bloody week to reply my email. Just email. Go figure what the hell these guys are doing.

And what you mean by Mano1 doing it? Can Mano1 help out? What he got to do with mp3.com?

Find your own hosting! When I went to sign up for MP3.com I got scared away after reading through the license agreement for 10 minutes. They can release your stuff on compilations and make videos for it, all without you getting royalties or (if I recall correctly) having your approval. Sounds like a contract with a mega label but without the cash advances!

I prefer to DIY it with my own site (actually runs on my old crap computer with a cable modem). And here's a tip for you: put in your song title the name of some well known artists who you are inspired by, or who you think your stuff sounds like, then leave Napster running, and get your friends to keep your MP3s in their shared folders. That way, you'll snag napster kids searching for (say) Paul Oakenfold who might grab your songs cause they're looking for some variety. IE:

(IF YOU LIKE Portishead, DOWNLOAD THIS) Modular Jack - Baby Blue.mp3

It may seem cheesy to do at first, but if you watch your upstream bandwidth over the course of a few days, you'll notice your stuff is getting downloaded by people who would never have typed in your (unknown) name. Shameless self promo improves your odds of being noticed.
-mj-

good literacy comprehension dood

You also put your name. Did you miss that part?

"Oh well, what can you do?"
-mj-

D Mauco ,

nice stuff you make there.

IUMA used to be really good but then they lost funding and I couldn't upload anything for awhile so I conected my home page to my mp3.com site. I might switch back as mp3.com does not seem to want my stuff as badly.

Taos

BTW - I am awaiting a call for those unansweard questions. Just so you know they are coming.

hey the best way to Put u're mp3's on the net is to make u're own website, and just put them in the search engine or somthing else, to be marketted. sell u're own cd's from u're site, and more stuff. I'am starting to make my website. and soon it will be there on the net...:bat:

ModularJack said:
They can release your stuff on compilations and make videos for it, all without you getting royalties or (if I recall correctly) having your approval. Sounds like a contract with a mega label but without the cash advances!

I think U need to see this, www.mp3.com/amok, this guy is makin thousands of rupees from mp3.com, i think about 38,000 somthing. and one more , i thinknu know him, www.mp3.com/nordbeat he's also makin some Hard Green Pieces Of Paper out of mp3.com, go and check the boys cash .

I prefer to DIY it with my own site.

I'll also Prefer it....:hello:

I know you can make money off selling your own MP3CDs, but they do reserve the right to use your tunes for their own marketing projects without your involvement. Personally, I'd rather bide my time and focus on my musicality, and once I'm at the right point get the help of an expert recording engineer to master my stuff for pressing rather than make a few bucks selling CDs burned from low-quality MP3s.
-mj-

ModularJack said:
I'd rather bide my time and focus on my musicality, and once I'm at the right point get the help of an expert recording engineer to master my stuff for pressing rather than make a few bucks selling CDs burned from low-quality MP3s.
-mj-

Now U're Talking Good BUDDY ! Thats the best way to make u're music grow up. I agreee with u and i'll also do like this only.....

other way to protect u're mp3 from downloads and used by some1 else, get a mp3 encoder and a Stermer, u stream u're mp3 direct from u're website. that the best way, i think. I got one product it's called, the Sonic Foundry Stremer check it out at www.sonicfoundry.com

one thing more, u're song is good..that one with the Guitar.

JUST STREAM.......:cheers:

Bump

Bump

So I still have not gotten to talk to the proper people to write back on this (can I say ****?) or is this not cable. But I will get back to teh questions I didn't answear.

BTW...MP3.COM has still not aproved mystuff... I think I am no longer going to keep any files there. A month is to long,as I am doing them more of a surves then they are to me. I provid Content, in fact its content that is hard to find and buy. One Month because I don't feel that there sevice is worth what I way for water everymonth. Think about it, 20$ to give them something....YUK!

Taos

Those songs have been up for quite a while now...I am waiting on the ones I uploaded on the 12th of last month.

Should have things sorted again as I am switching back to IUMA

They only take about a day.

fluff

Back