Writers Block

I keep a rainy day folder of files that never get far to come too when i can't work on something new and can't be bothered to do anything else to relive my boredom/ennui

I have recently been using loops for inspiration. There is a stigma attached to using commercially made loops in a finished product I don't use them in my finished track but i don't see anything wrong with it but that's a different conversation for a different day.

Anyhow, if you buy some loops or download free loops from a site like Looperman.com you may be surprised at how a simple percussion, melody or drum loop can spark some creative inspiration. You just build around the loop with your own stuff and when you know what direction you want to go then you can delete the borrowed loop... Or keep it in there if it adds to the piece.

Thanks guys for replying!

I also keep a folder filled with ton of ideas that I haven't finished. The only thing that I don't like about doing this is that I feel its more of an avoidance than a solution.

I have a huge selection of loops from logic. Maybe I'll take your advice and drag a few of them in and see where it leads.

a 12 post stoner does not impress me much especially when their argument to refute me is to shake their head instead of highlighting the counter-culture research that directly attacks the medical establishments findings - not that that research actually holds up to any scrutiny - weed has two functional roles in medicine bronchio-dilation (asthma and emphysema treatment) and pain management in terminally ill patients and post-radiation therapy cancer patients

So your big words and 12,000 post are suppose to impress me? All i did was respond to the post, then you criticized it. First time on this board and i get this, and your a mod?.......smh

Last edited:
a 12 post stoner does not impress me much especially when their argument to refute me is to shake their head instead of highlighting the counter-culture research that directly attacks the medical establishments findings - not that that research actually holds up to any scrutiny - weed has two functional roles in medicine bronchio-dilation (asthma and emphysema treatment) and pain management in terminally ill patients and post-radiation therapy cancer patients

If you believe that the government/medical professionals have your best interests at heart when designing pharmaceuticals and shit your sadly mistaking. All they care about is money. Weeds a natural medicine good for much more than what they claim, and it affects people differently. What it does to one person might be different to another. Why do you think theirs so much stigma around it, its because they know weed is worth more than they make it out to be.

Its a shame how greed runs this world, eh

Back