who here synthesizes their own kick drums and percussion?

do you synthesize your own kicks and other percussive instruments?

• Total voters
I do but then I have a modular synthesizer so I have no concept of presets

nice man! i just started learning how to synthesize them myself...am getting better at it and in due time i'll be making the perfect kicks...all tuned to the key of the track :)

which synth are you usiing? i use ultrabeat that comes with logic...

I occasionally do, although I rarely directly attempt to "synthesize percussion" or something like that - more often than not I just end up with something that ends up fulfilling a percussive role. Then again, most of my songwriting process for purely electronic stuff consists of wandering around in the sonic landscape until I stumble upon something interesting...I have preset-capable synths, but practically never use any presets.

I occasionally do, although I rarely directly attempt to "synthesize percussion" or something like that - more often than not I just end up with something that ends up fulfilling a percussive role. Then again, most of my songwriting process for purely electronic stuff consists of wandering around in the sonic landscape until I stumble upon something interesting...I have preset-capable synths, but practically never use any presets.

which types of timbres do you synthesize? i'm currently learning how to synthesize my own kicks, snares, hi hats and claps...i know i can sample all these things but it's that joy i get from knowing how to synthesize my own instruments from scratch that keeps me craving for knowledge! i never use presets either, but they can be cool to learn from!

nice man! i just started learning how to synthesize them myself...am getting better at it and in due time i'll be making the perfect kicks...all tuned to the key of the track :)

which synth are you usiing? i use ultrabeat that comes with logic...

Synth? A modular synth

Downside is no patch storage at all, upside is can do pretty whatever I can think of. Whether it sounds good or not is a different story. I also do more noise and drone stuff which it lends itself to nicely.

modular-jan-2013-800x450.jpg

dead mother of god that looks complicated haha!

Tbh though I rarely do make my won drums with this since I got a dinsync.info DrumDokta module, its a cloned boss dr110 drum machine in modular form. Making good drums uses a lot of modules on its own.

can i upload some kicks i synthesized for you guys and you tell me how it sounds? i'm trying out a lot of different things and using a lot of modulation to get the kicks sounding right...just need some opinions of others...

I recently synthesized a kickdrum myself. I don't mind to share if you guys want it give me "a call"

Sorry, aparently I can't post links until i have 20 posts. Since I'm new to the forum this needs to wait :/

Back