Where all the cats that take pride in they drumz at?

JuanJuanGiovann

Cuz it seems like alot of cats in general are just downloading free "hip hop" kits of the web and just throwing um in the machine. Me personally, I love tweaking drumz and making my own kicks, snares,and crisp hats. I think that definately works in my favor cuz crisp drums can definately hold a track together. I just wanted to know if any other cats on here are like this with there drums.

sometimes when i cant find a specific kick.. or whatever drumsound.. i go and make it. ill go and tweak the ish in my wave editor.. combine it wit watever... watever i gotta do to make a new sound. i dont do it too often though, sometimes i do that during the beatmaking process.. although it is faster just having good sounds from the get

I tweak all my drums just for the simple fact that I dont want to use a snare/kick/clap that sounds the same as something else. I cant front, I do have my favorite crash that i tend to use often, but its not something that stands out.

I definately gotta agree u wit u on that J riddle

My whole thang is trying to have MY drum sounds. It's like instead of trying to make their drums sound as good as Dre's by just tweaking and experimenting , cats just take Dre's drums. Look at Timbo's drums, they're definately Timbo's. And to me stuff little stuff like that can make a track stand out.

Yeah I feel you. I also got a unique way I play my drums. For some reason, a lot of people assume if you use an MPC you can only play basic drum patterns...oh I beg to differ. I wore them damn pads out on mine. I try to make my drums so crazy that if you were to mute everything else, the sh*t would still sound hot cause the drums would shine by they damn selves. I dont know, I get tired of always hearing kick-snare-kick, kick-snare at an 85 BPM tempo. Lol!!!

Indeed

U can really create some intricate patterns on the mp. It's so much more that can be done than boom-boom-bap. This is why I love my mpc. When I wanna get funky drummer on it, I can. I checked out ya page and i was feeling lets go. U definately got skills man. Was that u singing on it as well?

JuanJuanGiovann said:
U can really create some intricate patterns on the mp. It's so much more that can be done than boom-boom-bap. This is why I love my mpc. When I wanna get funky drummer on it, I can. I checked out ya page and i was feeling lets go. U definately got skills man. Was that u singing on it as well?

Nah, thats Xavier Toson an R&B artist I work with, as well as my graphic designer. He actually did my page. But yeah, thanks for listening. Drop some links and I'll take a listen to some of your stuff.

i take pride in beatmaking, i would never use someone else's premade rhythms or a break, or use the drumhits as they are... its too much fun in tweaking them..

im into dnb and experimental beats, and the beats are very important to me, i think im pretty good at programming my own breaks now.. but i can always learn more and get better... still pretty much new to processing the hits though..

you can check some of my beats, if you follow the link in my sig.. most are just ideas, there's a couple of almost finished tunes though..

oh! and i use an mpc

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely

some of my friends try to make me feel like a beat nerd or whatever cuz they just download 808 kits and go. I really enjoy tweaking. I listened to ya beats and I think u should try to get in contact with Adult Swim on cartoon network cuz these are the type of beats that are playing in a alot of their shows and their commercials. Ya sound fits them to a tee. I was really feeling that. I always been curious about dnb.

cool, thanks alot man..

i like to nerd out too, i love tweaking, not so much the actual technical details, as hearing the results.. and dnb can be so varying when it comes to the beats so its perfect if you're into beats, all from simple to mindblowingly, complex brain****s

As the resident Free Kit Downloader ill say that 9 times out of 10 they are trash. I would love to make my own drums i sample alot of drums and i add my own effects depending on the mix of a beat. I would still love to make my own drums. I can not find a good kick for the life of me so any advice on makin my own drums would be appreciated. As to cats who make they own drums more power to you

Yo bdondaunique, u can personalize ya drums. I'll download a kick from the web and import in my daw. For the most part, u want ya kick to thump so i'll play with the low end to make it thump as hard as possible without distorting. Then I'll turn up the highs halfway to give it some gloss. Sometimes I'll throw an effect on it. For snares, to get um sound like a smack in the face, u gotta turn up them mids. Theres so many ways to tweak, its just a matter of experimenting. Give those things a try and see how it turns out.

Xabiton said:
I have some of the best drums on fp and im damn proud of it

I remember that you posted some time back about how you multitask, and listen to music, watch TV etc., while you are steady chopping hits up.

Back