What's the name of this percussion?

the sound is not really anything like a cowbell synthesised or not - it has too many garbage harmonics and ringing to it for a cowbell, so is more like a cymbal or tam-tam, which is why i said china crash - the intermediate instrument between a crash and a tam-tam

you do realise that I am telling you about this based on more than 35 years of playing percussion?

i.e. my comments are based on knowing the difference between sampled, synthesised and actual instruments and what they sound like (I do not need an 808 kit I already have one)

you do realise that I am telling you about this based on more than 35 years of playing percussion?

i.e. my comments are based on knowing the difference between sampled, synthesised and actual instruments and what they sound like (I do not need an 808 kit I already have one)

I see what he is talking about. He's talking about the instrument that comes in 2 seconds before the china crash. Which does sound like a cowbell

ok, so is it metallic in nature or more like a blip (as i seem to recall the 808 cowbell being like)? (I've emphasised metallic as it was the keyword in the original question)

Back