whats the best method to learn piano yourself and become a great piano player?

I know the major and minor scales and chords already im just saying will it be better to learn the more advanved 11th,9th, minor major stuff and than learn theory.

check out the "Learn and Master Piano" dvd series.

I tried them and they really helped and I had no prior experience with the piano at all

I know the major and minor scales and chords already im just saying will it be better to learn the more advanved 11th,9th, minor major stuff and than learn theory.

Its not necessary at this stage. I'm entering my second semester and we haven't touched on tensions just yet, but I know them, mainly from having a familiarity with my scales and overall chord construction.

If you have a recent Mac with Garageband, it has some pretty good video lessons for free to get you going.

check out the "Learn and Master Piano" dvd series.

I tried them and they really helped and I had no prior experience with the piano at all

I have this dvd collection and think it was a waste of money. everything they taught was stuff thats on youtube for free and nothing was ezciting about the lessons. All the boring songs he made you play were point less to me cause he didnt make u practice in a way that led you to improve to a higher level. 200, dollars just for a bunch of dvds that showed slow basics and boring songs and how well a guy played. Just doing hanon,i,increasef finger speed,and leanring all the scales my self I learnes more then he taught.

hi. i know now how the scales are working .. with half and whole-tones and so you create your major chords and stuff but how do you learn this without counting tone the notes? is it just remembering all the scales? or how do i figure it out without counting half and whole tone steps

Back