what is your favorite tempo to work in?

Whatever tempo the song needs to be written in. I don't have a set tempo range for anything that I write. I'll sit with an idea in my head and turn on the metronome and fiddle with the tempo until I've got the right speed for what I'm writing.

Whatever tempo the song needs to be written in. I don't have a set tempo range for anything that I write. I'll sit with an idea in my head and turn on the metronome and fiddle with the tempo until I've got the right speed for what I'm writing.
thats exactly what i do except i always end up at around 88. I gotta force myself a bit to go 95 and above.

I guess just from looking at past projects I like to be in the 80-95 area. But I have done dance beats for people that were up to 136 and I think my lowest was 76. I've yet to get into the 60's. Anyone ever do it in the 50s?

I used to work in all tempos but i've gotten comfortable with the 85-95 range, i like to step outta my comfort zone sometimes and go to 120, the other day I did a track at 161 for a remix i was doin for a friend

I guess just from looking at past projects I like to be in the 80-95 area. But I have done dance beats for people that were up to 136 and I think my lowest was 76. I've yet to get into the 60's. Anyone ever do it in the 50s?
50's is too slow for contemporary music

I use to work strictly between 80-100 BPM's but lately I've been experimenting with faster stuff.. 130 BPM's seems to be my new sweet spot.

Back