Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: What motivates you when you have producers block?

TySmash is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by milesg2g View Post
    Competition can sometimes motivate me to produce.
    This. Instant rejuvination.

SpizZy C is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    Weed helps, but sometimes I just wait and something will just come to me...it's weird. There are like random times when I just feel like making something that's been in my head for a while.

milesg2g is offline The Wavvy Ness Sage
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SpizZy C View Post
    Weed helps, but sometimes I just wait and something will just come to me...it's weird. There are like random times when I just feel like making something that's been in my head for a while.

Yeah that's the same with me. I just try to feel it naturally sometimes and it doesn't always work, but sometimes something can just come to me in the middle of class! haha
    Milesg2g.com #FreeMaxB

TrackMasin is offline Music from the Soul.
    Thanks
    Would love to try the 'medicinal herb' method of curing beatblock that that wouldn't rock in my house seeing as I still live with the folks. Lol.
    Usually I just take breaks; Watch a movie or some episodes of a good show or I workout/play sports. Maybe its the adrenaline but that helps me atleast. Weird but effective I guess? Lol

JamesyDame is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    I don't smoke. Making beats is optional in my daily routine, so I'm always pretty fresh (most of the time). Usually if I can't do it, I'll go looking for samples or something. Find something better to work with.
    http://soundcloud.com/jamesydame/heavens-watching
    - ​JAMES "J-MATIC" MATHER : Beat articulata from AUCKLAND, NZ.

TDOT is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    Listen to some new music, smoke some Canadian Kush and good to go!!!

This morning I woke up to the Game' new album, Jesus Piece beats where fire and that hypes me up.

timfosho is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    I think its really important to be a able to step away and let yourself be consumed by something else entirely. Kinda resetting your mind. Regain some mental energy and then try again at a later time.

Thanks
    I've actually set up a schedule so I produce 3 times a week. Mon-Wed. It seems like it could limit natural creativity, but it actually pushes me to sit down and think of music. It's proven to be effective, the only negative thing I've noticed is I can run out of juice towards the end of production. I hate starting projects and not finishing them!!!
    Milesg2g.com #FreeMaxB

kmano is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    Yo, some good advices over here. Gotta admit Im having a bad time right now in general, not only music. Seems like nothing is making me happy or excited. I hope it's only temporary, cause now it's a big down for me. I have some thoughts on why it's happening but Im not sure tho. Every time Im having a bad time Im afraid my love for music making is becoming weaker! But it can't be the thing since I started just year ago, and recently I was lucky to earn money and buy good quality gear. Hopefully it's not this and it will go away, because I put so much to learn everything from the beggining and I remember what motivated me to get into it. But now it's a weird time, I have no motivation for anything.. Dunno why.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kmano View Post
    Yo, some good advices over here. Gotta admit Im having a bad time right now in general, not only music. Seems like nothing is making me happy or excited. I hope it's only temporary, cause now it's a big down for me. I have some thoughts on why it's happening but Im not sure tho. Every time Im having a bad time Im afraid my love for music making is becoming weaker! But it can't be the thing since I started just year ago, and recently I was lucky to earn money and buy good quality gear. Hopefully it's not this and it will go away, because I put so much to learn everything from the beggining and I remember what motivated me to get into it. But now it's a weird time, I have no motivation for anything.. Dunno why.

Honestly dude, this is what makes a music producer man! This right here, this feeling you just described. When you first start out it's fun initially. Until pressure of trying to make music at will comes in. You feel like "maybe this isn't for me" I've had that feeling several times, but I know through other experiences in other things that this is what makes you. This doubt right here is what makes a music producer. Sitting through this knowing you're lacking the skill, the motivation, and the drive to make music is like a snowball effect. It just keeps tumbling into doubt and it sucks. But if you stick it through and just let the music come to you, you can really become amazing. Take it from me, my first beat was trash and I was using Ableton Live 8 intro. I make Hip Hop music and I was in love with Ableton, yet there weren't many Hip Hop tutorials online for the type of Hip Hop I wanted to produce (Trap beats, etc.) Then throw in the fact I had a MPD which I thought was as easy to use as a MPC. Boy was I wrong. I wound up not using my MPD32 until this week, and it's been 2 years since I've started. Not a single beat before then was on my MPD.

You've just gotta be able to take what you've learned, and apply it. And when I mean apply it, I don't mean in 30 mins after you learned it. Learn something take an entire day off to let it sync in before you open your DAW man. And let the music come to you.
    likes this.
    Milesg2g.com #FreeMaxB

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information