Is what I'm trying to do possible in any daw

N-S

sup everyone I've been trying to see if this task is possible at all in any daw. So what I'm doing is recording drums in my daw (Logic Pro x) through native instruments battery 4. What i want to be able to do is have each drum record seperatley while already on its own track in the arrangement view. Is there a way to have each key on my midi keyboard control each track in logic? if anyone could help i would greatly appreciate it.

short answer: yes!

longer answer: yes but a boatload of hard work to get the filtering to do exactly what you want

you would be setting up a custom single channel MIDI filter on note events with very specific note ranges to limit each track to a specific note on your keyboard

in FL Studio you can use an omni preview channel to do this, see if theres a similar function in logic

Ableton Live let's you assign the individual outs of the plugin to seperate channels in the mixer. As stated to, it's going to take some work no matter what you use. I bet you can do it in Logic though.

But if you think you are going to do it on all your tracks, or even a significant amount, you can just make a template to speed up the process.

Back