wanna create my own sounds from scratch

Dreday

Basically I wanna be the person that sells the patches, drum kits and sound kits. But how do you get started? Where can I start to get drum sounds that's not vinyl (Any website or threads). If you have any videos that would be great too!!!

Don't know anything about drum samples, but for presets/patches and synthloops:
Learn synthesis and techniques until it's in the back of your head, and practice until you can make sounds fast, making it all more profitable. Learn to make good music so you can make appealing demos where you show off your new products. Lastly, reach out to design companies and show your skills, or manage all your products and marketing by yourself.
Note that there's a lot of competition in this industry, so you need to put a lot of effort and time in evolving and getting great sounds.

Last edited:
And in addition to synthesis, record all kinds of sounds & then process & layer them. If you want to create truly new shit, I think buying sample packs is a pretty boring starting point.

Basically I wanna be the person that sells the patches, drum kits and sound kits. But how do you get started? Where can I start to get drum sounds that's not vinyl (Any website or threads). If you have any videos that would be great too!!!

If you wanna start from scratch then you have to learn everything from scratch. Grab yourself one or two synthesizers, spend some months/years with them and study them inside out plus learn the whole range of Processors & FX you are going to need to polish up your sounds. Tutorials...well...youtube has bazzillions of them. 99,9% are crap so good luck in finding the real good ones.

For drum sounds from scratch try to track down a pdf copy of the Waldorf Attack manual. It describes the theory of the most prominent synth drum sounds.

And if you wanna sell your stuff as a sample pack keep in mind that already mapped ones are way more interesting for the end user than a bunch of single wav files that have to be mapped by the user himself. I recommend SAMPLE ROBOT MULTI X or PRO for that because that program allows you to sample and map your sounds automatically and allows you to export them to the most important file formats (Kontakt, Cakewalk, Halion etc).

Cheers
Sebastian

Start by learning how to edit audio and create some decent sample patches, if for example you are making patches for Kontakt learn how to create Kontakt scripts.......because lets face it, any ass clown can rip off other peoples drum samples apply some shitty processing and repackage them but not everyone can make a decent product that people are willing to pay good money for.

You might be able to sell synth patches but that's not where the big money is.......the big money is in designing more than just the sounds, it's in designing custom instruments which facilitate the manipulation of those sounds.

Buy a field recorder I work at a factory I started banging on everything and recording it but you can do that anywhere just don't break anything without permission

I'd say get maschine 2.0 and try drum synth, but if you're not a digital guy get analog gear and shape your sounds. Make kicks from vsts like Monark and Massive. For synths grab a copy of Massive and learn it, Fm8, Absynth, and other popular synths like sylenth. Learn how different genres sound both drums and stynth wise and go to work. ADSR has good tutorials and there are many others.

Back