Vocal Samples

I

iAmMoxieWay

Hey Guys,
I was just wondering where I might be able to find some of those voices you hear so often in dubstep that are just a phrase or even a single word. I've looked around a lot, Looperman etc. but haven't been able to find any.
Any ideas? Thanks,
Moxie

You could just try googling free vocal samples or something similar, but what I usually do is sample them from acapellas of other songs, it works just as well.
You could also try text to speech programs, but I find that most of those sound a bit too robotic and I'm not too keen on them

Last edited:
Yeah, you should get creative. This is where all the fun is. Record yourself. Play around with what you record (EQ, Reverb, Pich Adjustment, etc...) Maybe you could even use one of those speech synthesizers like the AT&T Labs speech synthesizer. Why not carry around a voice recorder and have other people say stuff into it? Easy way to get new voices. Be creative! There's so many possibilities!

---------- Post added at 10:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 AM ----------

Here's another option. Find some youtube videos, record them, and use the vocals. When I say record them, I mean directly from your sound card (lol don't take a microphone and put it up to your speakers while you play some videos).

are you talking about ragga samples? dubstep and jungle are heavily influenced by sound system culture. Many of the samples come from sound tapes - recordings of reggae dances... Go on youtube watch some reggae dancehall.

Theres some really good sample packs out!

You could allways get someone in the studio yourself and get specifically what you want, it's allways good having something someone else doesn't!

- Highstandardsmusic

Key to having good vocals imo is mayor editing and resampling......

Good trick is to take the vocal down an octave to make it different from the original

Loads of acapellas out there....Just remember google is your friend and he can help you find anything ;-)

Back