under 400

hardware not really sure but for software you have a few options. but are you looking for a hardware or software solution?

hmmmm... I'd suggest saving up a little more because $400 isn't very much to work with, but if you must, there's a sampler (SP404):

http://sweetwater.com/store/detail/SP404/

That I've read is pretty good. Beyond that, your best bet is to find an old ASR on Craigslist

I actualy played with one of those rolands, they're pretty sweet...

I just don't understand why you would spend 400 bucks on something FL already does?? and well.

You mean a turntable? :P

Not to be a dink, but google and ebay will tell you what you can buy for your 400.

You need to do a little research yourself my man.

well... if you already have FL and a MPC... then I'd suggest...

A turntable...any... you could probably find one for free... $20 tops at a pawn shop..

Some vinyl...

Or...

some type of DAW like Cubase, but I think there's more value in the Mbox. You could probably find a used Mbox 1 for $400... I believe the Mbox 2 might not be that much over $400 actually...

EDIT* I responded without reading the thread. The first post threw me off.

Last edited by a moderator:
kid848 said:
hmmmm... I'd suggest saving up a little more because $400 isn't very much to work with, but if you must, there's a sampler (SP404):

http://sweetwater.com/store/detail/SP404/

That is what I would get for $400 hardware budget! It samples, sequences, 29 effects (!!!) in one unit for that price! I had the SP303, first edition, and that was pretty good already but Boss/Roland out did themselves with this. A great unit for live gigs.

alesis micron or korg microkorg.

Micron seems better, more sounds, more filters, Or just get a 2nd hand synth.

The Korg Electribe sampling unit is pretty nice. I can't remember the exact name. They retail for like $500 but I'm sure you could find one on ebay for under $400. Nice unit especially if you are used to working with FL.

well... i bought reson 3.0 i think its way better for synth and plus im gettin a 25 midi control keyboard anyone kno wut a good one is .

Dawg you already have all you need really, all thats missing is a midi keyboard....get some soft synths and buy some drum samples cds...i just got smokers delight for $18 on ebay and im using that with my Fl and my keystation....look it up its definately worth it...Peace

Back