Trying to to my very first remake

Destinationup

I am trying to remake a song for someone I know. It is just for fun. It sounds pretty simple just some drums and a guitar maybe a little piano in it.

Well the thing is I have been trying for a couple of years to try to achieve this very guitar vibe. But the guitars from my vst are flat. I know there must be some effect that can be put on them but I don't which. It has that acoustic guitar, ( Anthony Hamilton, 2pac's thugz mansion style acoustic sound)

So my question what would be the best way to achieve this sound from this song? Is there a preset in a particular VST that has it (which one)?. Just focused on the guitar.

Well this is the song.

And don't worry about which vsts I have because chances are I already have the ones you are going to name. Also because I have also been getting into sound design and creating my own patches from scratch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, chances are, it's a real guitar....and if you already have basically every vst one could mention, as you said, well, i can hardly believe though, that you can't find at least one decent alternative amongst those?

no chances about it....

it is a real guitar - steel string acoustic right hand played towards the bridge with finger picking not plectrum

good luck finding a library that will let you emulate this: too much in the way guitaristic stylings in the playing

a hint for beginners if there is a heap of BS at the start of the video tell us where the music starts we do not need to hear their petty attempts at making an episode of days of our lives/young and the restless/general hospital/etc....... skip the first 65 seconds (1:05)

Last edited:
no chances about it....

it is a real guitar - steel string acoustic right hand played towards the bridge with finger picking not plectrum

good luck finding a library that will let you emulate this: too much in the way guitaristic stylings in the playing

a hint for beginners if there is a heap of BS at the start of the video tell us where the music starts we do not need to hear their petty attempts at making an episode of days of our lives/young and the restless/general hospital/etc....... skip the first 65 seconds (1:05)

sorry about the video being for having too long of an intro. and I find that yourself are being petty for making a slick remark about what they were trying to do in the beginning of the video. we are here for the music not to insult someone else's craft.

no I say that because I get tired of having to list every single one that I have for someone to help me it is very tiresome. I think I may have already found an HQ sample for it.

sorry about the video being for having too long of an intro. and I find that yourself are being petty for making a slick remark about what they were trying to do in the beginning of the video. we are here for the music not to insult someone else's craft.

except it wasn't craft it was bs to create setting for the song that was not needed

ps I've been doing this for 37 years so to me the attempt at setting the scene was petty bs; the way they attacked it was unnecessary and could have been achieved much more simply: they aren't using these to tout for work in films; if they want to make a film they will, that is the true state of play in the current multi-media marketplace they work in

Last edited:
Back