Trap Sub Bass: any advice?

skymilk9000

So i'm trying to create trap-rap sub basslines in fl studio. Not sub kicks, mind you, just the basslines you mix with 808 kicks.

A perfect example of what i'm trying to make is on 'LSD swag' by Metro Zu.

i've been searching around for hours and i can't find a straight answer to this. I've read stuff like 'it's just a single sine wave and you don't need to EQ' but when i try that out in FL Studio it sounds horrible.

I've downloaded some sub bass vsts like subfreak and all the sounds are too dancey. It's such a simple sound, how can it be this hard to make? I've been experimenting with 3xosc but nothing i come up with sounds remotely like the example in the song and there's always this punchy beginning which i can't seem to get out with EQing.

Any advice, especially which vsts and settings to use, would be extremely appreciated, thank you.

Play around with slight distortion and harmonic boosters on a sine wave.. then layer with the 808 kick.

9 times out of 10 its a couple of plugins your not gonna have just one plugin to get that sound its hard to tell what they use I'd try a vintage warmer or sausage farther maybe boost the shit out of 1k

Back