Time signature mess up!

F

Funnyshoes

Hi there,
I have a little problem in Reason that I will try to explain :p

Ok, I am creating a hip-hop beat, most of the song is programmed in the Matrix sequencer( Time Signature 1/8 T)

When i run the whole song in the main sequencer window the programmed patterns don't match the bars in the sequencer, can anyone tell me how to make it match like 4/4?

Some of you may not know what I am talking about but when I say "bars" I mean the white bars that are seperated by black strokes and has numbers over them :D

You get it? :P

i dont really get it, but try adjusting the pattern length on the matrix

It's damn hard to explain.
Anyway, the song floats on fine, but it's a visual thing. When I look at the sequencer and it shows that I am playing one measure It's something that is not right. The sequencer shows that it has played one measure but it haven't

This makes it hard for me to seperate the song into measures.

its coz its 1/8t on the resolution. i think if you stick it in 1/16 then quantise to 1/8t itll loop properly, but itll be a diferent rhythm.

Last edited by a moderator:
are you trying to change the timing mid way into the if so that is your problem reason wont let you do this

1/8 Triplets is the rhythm you want?

When I look at the sequencer and it shows that I am playing one measure It's something that is not right. The sequencer shows that it has played one measure but it haven't

Sounds to me like a MIDI sync issue, or something like that. What MIDI interface are you using? A cheap one could cause a visual delay like that.

Last edited:
Perhaps 1/16t would work? That's what I would use if you want it to 'swing' or 'shuffle'... Then it also matches up perfectly to the measures :)

Last edited by a moderator:
If you really wanna keep the rythm 1/8triplets and have them play in a 4/4, change them to 1/16 and adjust the tempo to make the rythm play as fast as it did before. for example: 1/8T, 120bpm -> 1/16, 90bpm.

why are you programming in 8th triplets?

anything you can do in 8th triplets you can do in 32 bar 8ths with the resolution doubled (ie sped up, the little dial near the bottom right of the ReDrum)

Mate if it sounds good don't **** with it... You will end up spending way too much time ****n' around and your song wont get finished...

If its looping fine... there is no problem... Just add bars to the arrange window and find out what works...then finish off the rest of your song...

As far as time signatures go... 1/8t is not a time sig...

3/4 4/4 7/8 are time signartures....

Back