Thinking outside the box?

D'zBeats

hey fam
im just gonna get right into it
what does it mean to think outside the box when making hip hop? this genre has no rules and is universal
when making your own beats how do you "think outside the box" and how do you define it?
especially when your composing your own music (samplers opinions are welcomed too)
i was just wondering this and wanted to know the thoughts and opinions of others
thanks in advance!

simply try to make the music you like, and not the music other people would maybe like.

At this point you are able to experiment freely with sounds or FX and get this "out of the box" feeling to your tracks

In my opinion its just doing your own thing. Breaking the rules of a genre, maybe trying to fuse two or three different genres together, maybe processing a sample in a way that no one else has done it, making sampled instruments out of jungle sounds and making a whole track out of those sounds. There are so many possibilities I hope to explore on my musical journey.

this genre has no rules and is universal
when making your own beats how do you "think outside the box" and how do you define it?
I try to get away from the mind state of "I like this, and I don't like that" as opposed to what just feels right. Your mind works the best when it's open

thanks again for thoughts
it seems like the box is more of an individual concept rather than a collective one
ive never thought of it like that

Thinking outside the box means inventing new concepts.

Innovation can be the result of an accident or expansion, but my favorite is conceptual experimentation.

Sound design..sound design....sound design I dont know if you saw the new jay z commercial for magna carta holy grail but at the beginning hes listening to this piano and all of a sudden this chicken belts out a chicken sound and he was like "what is that" "thats fresh" "but what is it" thats hip hop taking crazy FRESH sounds and making them work in ur beat. I know this sounds stupid but when I make a beat I pretend im making this beat for important people with alot of money that want to hear innovation and it helps believe it or not

The true meaning of thinking outside the box is being able to use buzzwords such as experimental conceptualisations, and alternative genre-defying individualisms ​fluently when describing your music to others.

take the blinkers off and you will see that there is no box to begin with, only your own or someone else's limitations imposed to make life easier for you or them

don't try to make hiphop music and just make music. you can only limit yourself, idk. that's how i feel. fucc everything else.
In my opinion its just doing your own thing. Breaking the rules of a genre, maybe trying to fuse two or three different genres together, maybe processing a sample in a way that no one else has done it, making sampled instruments out of jungle sounds and making a whole track out of those sounds. There are so many possibilities I hope to explore on my musical journey.
dude the instrumental in your sig is dope.

It's important to know which music laws must be obeyed, bent or broken.

Every genre has rules that must be followed to be considered that genre. For example, a song must have a percussion section with a nice rhythm at minimum before anyone considers the song "Hip Hop." After all, lyrics without beats are poems for intellectual entertainment, and beats without lyrics are often sale or download. Usually, thinking outside the box means knowing what it's like to think inside the box first.

Back