Is there a possibility that I can make my sub bass kick louder?

Eletrox

Is it possible to make it sound better with just my laptop speaker? Like how can I do that?? Please I need help guys :(

most laptop speakers can't put out the really low frequencies check the settings your laptop speakers might be eq'd or have a cut off

Yeah there's no way to hear an actual "sub", meaning the lowest foundational bass frequency on laptop speakers :P. I like to add some pseudo-bass though....if you might excuse how hipster-ish that sounds, coming up with terms myself....but i mean - i love to just add some very basic mono saw synth that i run through a bandreject filter (to shape the character), highpass that above it's foundational frequency (in order to not have it interfere with the kick's sub) and layer that on top of the actual kick. According to taste, i also lowpass it, more or less.

The thing is: if there's upper harmonics in our bass range, we assume the bass is so heavy that it distorted. That's what we're used to. So if you distort your bass, or do it like i just said, just layer some upper harmonics on it, we perceive the bass as being a lot stronger than it might actually be.

couple of ways to make the sub a bit more prominent is to compress it or raise the frequencies around 50hz and maybe a slight bit of saturation to give it a more tonal sound

Back