is there any programs...

T

therappah

is there any program, which you could hum or whistle ur melody onto ur mic and it will show you the piano notes...thank you

You could hum into an editor like wavelab, then go in and analyse each 'note' and inspect the pitch properties, so yes.

Also a whistle/hum/a human, being monophonic, that's when these pitch detection tools are the most effective.

P.S. If you are after true pitch detection, don't record with reverb, it will interfere with the detection of pitch.

Regards.

Delphine said:
You could hum into an editor like wavelab, then go in and analyse each 'note' and inspect the pitch properties, so yes.

wow that sure is alot of work just to find a piano notes of a hum

he/she would have to frist analyse each note of a piano and the hum THEN math the Properties

and on top of that what octive is the note

gosh lol

Dreaminginstereo

Actually, there's a slew of audio-to-MIDI applications available. Try googling for "audio to midi" or something like that. They work best with monophonic content, so whistling shouldn't be a problem.

DreaminginStereo said:

wow that sure is alot of work just to find a piano notes of a hum

he/she would have to frist analyse each note of a piano and the hum THEN math the Properties

and on top of that what octive is the note

gosh lol

Dreaminginstereo

Well I don't know, it's not like I have ever tried it. Anyway, I don't see *your suggestion* being particularly useful. lol

Delphine said:
Who cares about your opinion anyways?

I am sure someone does....

Least I though your idea thur unlike the one who posted the idea :(

someone had to say something,if they tried that they'd Probly be lost

Like I said "particularly useless" :)

There's this instrument called a musical tuner...if you sing into it it will tell you what note you are singing/humming and from there you can transfer the notes to a piano roll. Sounds like what you want just there isn't a software out there yet that does this. Or should I say puts it into a piano roll for you.

They claim that this program is polyphonic but you will have no luck with this feature in the majority of the cases. But it`s awesome for monophonic stuff!!!

Back