Tapping BPM

Dariel!

I need a lot of help tapping BPM. Usually im good at it but with this one sample im stuck. Usually I try to find a 4 bar loop and I know once I get it, if done right the loop will repeat seamlessly. But with this sample I dont even no where to start or how to go about counting can someone help and give me advice.

This is the sample.
Gonzales - Overnight - YouTube

That changes tempo. Download it and create a tempo map with it, then play over the top or whatever you're doing to a click.

Tempo map? Lol I'm not familiar with that. I guess I will just try and get close enough to the right bpm.

No, because it changes tempo. It would enable you to run a click to it making it easier for you to play along to, make a song around etc. If you want it to have a static tempo you'll need to shift the audio to line it up with a grid... how you do that will depend on the tools you have. Logic has flexing for example. There are a number of others i think.

No, because it changes tempo. It would enable you to run a click to it making it easier for you to play along to, make a song around etc. If you want it to have a static tempo you'll need to shift the audio to line it up with a grid... how you do that will depend on the tools you have. Logic has flexing for example. There are a number of others i think.
Thank a lot man. Can ableton do any of this?

Last edited:
This is how I handle this type of shit, first I import the audio into a project and then add a simple beat to it, ignoring the project tempo, then I use the transients of that beat rather than the original audio to create a groove template.

Even if you use something basic like a two channel beat slicer such as Recycle you can switch the left and right channels of the two project files and use the transients of one to detect, map or chop the other, then after you have the results you want you just swap shit back again, it's not a feature or anything, it's just a neat trick I came up with a long time ago.

By the way the beat doesn't have to be something you want on the finished track it's just there to provide the transients for the software to work with, you can even beat box that shit in with a microphone.

Last edited:
Thank you! I will take your advice rayzer and to hollandturbine you advice seems good too but it seems to take too much work.
Im not too advance with this music stuf yet lol.

Last edited:
Back