Synth sounds

Sparrow15

This statement is false.
One of my biggest problems when beatmaking is simply finding the right synth sound for whatever beat I'm working on. Where can I get a large amount of high-quality synth sounds or presets, or at least learn to program a synth myself? I own and use FL Studio Producer, but I'm willing to buy other pluggins if I need to.

My suggestion..
Learn to program your own synth sounds... Very useful and the only way to hone your sound ...
Synths all kind of follow similar paradigm ...

Oscillator > filter > amp Envelope
Low freq oscillator ( mods all 3 previously mentioned attributes) > fx
Samplers work in a similar manner... Except that you can substitute the oscillator for an audio sample.
I'm using > to indicate signal flow direction .
Presets are a good starting point however, you can learn a lot by studying the settings for your fave synths.

For presets, try to find some preset you like and then recreate it exactly from a new INIT patch (I mean, recreate all the settings exactly). That way you learn how various modules affect the sound and what tricks were used to achieve final timbre. And you can adjust some things on the way to fit it more to your beat.

It depends on the style of music you like... For example, for electronic music I like the most common plugins (Nexus, Massive, Sylenth1...). I know that these plugins are the most known, but they work on a awesome way. After, you just have to search on the web presets and anothers stuffs to them. But I recommend you to play with these plugins, try all their possibilites, so you'll get your own sound and your own sign...

Peace & Love

Back