Sub Bass problem.

Galaxo

Hey guys,
I am making a prog house track and the main drop is just a beefy bass lead that I made in massive. I spent a long time making it sounds good (Im not too good at sound design) but I did it somehow and it sounds good. The problem is, when I cut the sub bass frequencies off (~70Hz) and replace them with a pure sine subbass, the sound looses a lot weight. Most fo the time the bass is playing A1. So I set the sub bass an octave lower to A0 but that was too high and didnt "vibrate" like a sub bass should. When I put it down an octave, it was too low and barely audible. What should I do? Is it always neccessary to replace the subbass frequencies with a dedicated subbass synth? Both are sidechained to the kick. I always had problems with cutting these low frequencies because everything losed body...How can I solve this? And do I have to cut the subbass from the kick?

Thanks
maybe its just my headphones that I got for a few days AKG K-240DF.

Hey guys,
I am making a prog house track and the main drop is just a beefy bass lead that I made in massive. I spent a long time making it sounds good (Im not too good at sound design) but I did it somehow and it sounds good. The problem is, when I cut the sub bass frequencies off (~70Hz) and replace them with a pure sine subbass, the sound looses a lot weight. Most fo the time the bass is playing A1. So I set the sub bass an octave lower to A0 but that was too high and didnt "vibrate" like a sub bass should. When I put it down an octave, it was too low and barely audible. What should I do? Is it always neccessary to replace the subbass frequencies with a dedicated subbass synth? Both are sidechained to the kick. I always had problems with cutting these low frequencies because everything losed body...How can I solve this? And do I have to cut the subbass from the kick?

Thanks
maybe its just my headphones that I got for a few days AKG K-240DF.

seriously hard to offer advice as we can't hear what you are experiencing.

Links to examples on soundcloud (use the poormans link soundcloud dot com/you/trackname) would be beneficial to us in determining if the issue is your owiginal mix, your A[SUB]0[/SUB] sub bass your A[SUB]-1[/SUB] sub bass

Also which daw you are using would also help us to give you the "right" set of instructions to fix the problem(s)

Back