Soundfonts and Hardware over Vsts

Soundfonts and Hardware Workstations are far more easier to mix than overpowering vst instruments. Vst's just dont do it for me they sound too artificial. Soundfonts just have that Real sound to me. Propellerhead Reason stock sounds I would take over any vst too. Idk its like these vsts are made for techno and dance music, buncha cheesy super preset lol. Classics are made with Real life instruments. What do you think Fp ?

I think trying to generalize everything VST to have some kind of a "sound" is pretty silly to begin with. Or SoundFonts for that matter - they're just samples, after all (and there are plenty of VSTs that play back samples...).

I think trying to generalize everything VST to have some kind of a "sound" is pretty silly to begin with. Or SoundFonts for that matter - they're just samples, after all (and there are plenty of VSTs that play back samples...).

agreed.. there are loads of professionally designed vst- some emulating actual hardware, programmed by the hardware developers themselves (or affiliated atleawst).. others are craafted with little reference to anything and don't satisfy..always some good some bad, everywhere.

Soundfonts and Hardware Workstations are far more easier to mix than overpowering vst instruments. Vst's just dont do it for me they sound too artificial. Soundfonts just have that Real sound to me. Propellerhead Reason stock sounds I would take over any vst too. Idk its like these vsts are made for techno and dance music, buncha cheesy super preset lol. Classics are made with Real life instruments. What do you think Fp ?
I think the statement you make about vsts are too broad. There are so many different vsts with different capabilities. You can't just put them all in one group and say they are more difficult to mix. While we're on the subject, I think kontak is an amazing plugin for instruments. I been using ik's sample tank as well. I suggest you try those if your still looking for a vst to get into

i love my vsts and soundfonts equally each set has its own sounds so if your vsts have cheesy sounds its because you have cheesy vsts i purchased aria and nexus they are awesome if u ask me the best ive gotten and as far as reasons stock sounds go the vsts i purchased have better quality than the stock reason samples

Back