Sound Design Help - Whale whine, seagull whine echo SFX

R

rhythmpalace

So I've been wanting to recreate this sound for a while now. :sigh:

SFX @ 00:12 & 00:20 Secs into the song

MUSIC - A song for eternal story - YouTube

---------- Post added 10-18-2012 at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was 07-08-2012 at 06:29 PM ----------

Bumping this shit cause its relevant to a thread I just created!I no its a double post but. **** THE POLICE! lol

I can't listen right now (YouTube trouble), but I can guess it's probably just a guitar through some light tube distortion, maybe delay, with a volume pedal to create the low attack swells. that's how most guitar players get the "fake violin" type sound (volume pedal), and I'm pretty sure that was a part of Adrian Belew's set-up (he used to get all kinds of animal sounds with his guitar-- Gulls, Rhinos, Elephants).

Other than that, you could use an actual animal sample (Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom?)...

GJ

Thanks for your Information rhythmgj I will be sure to check it out and give you some feedback on what I find.

OK, I got a chance to listen; I don't think that's anything other than a synth patch... the same as the pitch-bent lead used on the rest of the tune/piece. It's just a little more in the background at :12 & :20, but I think it's the same thing. Moog-y sound, some portamento/glide, add delay to taste...

GJ

OK, I got a chance to listen; I don't think that's anything other than a synth patch... the same as the pitch-bent lead used on the rest of the tune/piece. It's just a little more in the background at :12 & :20, but I think it's the same thing. Moog-y sound, some portamento/glide, add delay to taste...

GJ
Thanks Rhythmgj

Back