Sound Design help

kevorkio

Hey guys wassup,
I wanna start makin my own sounds because im tired of using presets...
So i would like to know where i could find good tutorials other then just youtube
right now im using sylenth to create some sounds... i would like to know if there are other good vst's also that are better!!

Thanks alot guys i appreciate ur time!
~Kizzy~

go onto youtube and search ethanwiner how to program analog synths, great for the basic stuff

if you have complete 8 I would start with Massive

I would advise against going off of youtube tutorials

it can help learn the functionality, but in the end, you will have to just spend time experiementing and trying things out on your own

what kinds of sounds are you trying to make?

Well i try to make different types of sound. (mainstream type synths and arps,old school,trap and more)and i will give massive a try but i feel limited with only 3 Osc's i want something with alot of oscillators... thanks for the reply though. I will explore massive a lil more

Well i try to make different types of sound. (mainstream type synths and arps,old school,trap and more)and i will give massive a try but i feel limited with only 3 Osc's i want something with alot of oscillators... thanks for the reply though. I will explore massive a lil more

why do you want more than 3 oscs?

I think you might be misunderstanding some of the basic fundamentals of synthesis

having more oscs isnt really going to give you anythign special, if anything it could do more harm in your attempt than good

I would look up how to make basic things like

Supersaw
Reese

and try out different Wavetables and explore the LFO/Envelope options and filter combinations

I say focus on one synth at a time, you have so many already and you can do so much with them. Know what kind of synthesis you're doing and try to understand how it works. FM8 is an amazing place to get accustomed to fm synthesis, as well as the operator if you're using ableton. Massive is a great synth and I use it all the time, but it's not the best synth for understanding why you're making the sounds, and doesn't really allow you to know much about going from synth to synth, it is powerful though. Basically what I'm getting at is that you have too much stuff already to master it all, start one by one and try to understand it all so you can make the same sounds in any synth you open on purpose.

Back