Song I wrote this week(piano) for Tifa of FF7AC

StrangeCat

This is a song I wrote this week for Tifa of Final Fantasy VII AdventChildren, and for a Final Fantasy Advent Children web site. Thought I would post it here since it's on the net already.
Sibelius 3 Kontakt Gold's Grand Piano is playing the music, that's one damn bright piano. I just upgraded to Sibelius 3.
This is a Concert style Piano Arrangement. here's the link for the song.
http://www.visi.com/~bach/

Very nice arrangment! Quite lovely ^^

The only thing I would suggest is that around 3:05, at the final section, you could make the left hand have a 16th note pattern instead of 8th note to give it that last push to the end of the piece.

Don't you wish notation programs allowed for variable tempos? It would really allow for the piece to "breathe" as it rightfully should!

Great embellishments too :D

what's funny is how Sibelius Kontakt Gold is supposed to be "high quality samples" and the Grand Piano is like this "Bright Piano", it needs a filter I think, like a low pass filter.
for those sixteen notes you want, you would have to slow down the tempo then push it back up. It could have done in Sibelius 3, I could add that peformance style to it. That Bright Piano isn't hitting all the articulations and Dynamics correctly.
Really Though Dimora Sibelius 3 can do anything, tempos, performance styles, hey you name it. One thing that is nice though is Sibelius 3 is getting the emotions in there with the playing and performance style I choose.

Thanks for your reply. I am back to working on my demo cd now. Just thought I would post some of my music since that was on the net and written this week^_* Doing a traditional Chinese song now, Chinese instruments are so beautiful!

:O oo Sibelius allows for variable tempos? Well, Finale can do it as well but it's too much of a pain in the butt. Can it do variable tempos as accurate as a regular sequencer? It would be really nice if the piece could have a lot more rubato since it's a piano solo.

I LOVE Chinese traditional instruments! I am obsessed with the Er Hu (hope that's the right name) Do you happen to know of any decent samples of it? Everything I seem to find doesn't allow for the gliss. affect inherent to the instrument.

yes Sibelius 3 does allow for more Rubato I could have add a ton more to it for a more realistic playing style.
Also you can import Finale into Sibelius 3 you can download the demo at there website www.sibelius3.com and check it out^_* yea Chinese Perucession and Instruments are awesome what I am doing is a dong, but Melodically, not like total traditional chinese music.
An Erhu Sample huh...hmm let's see..the only one I know about is on Ethno World for a real sample, funny the same on is on World Asian too. Then there is Sound Fonts the Chinese Orchestra but there not that great. I also have Asian Expansion board for the Roland XP-80 , a ton of Chinese instrumnets , Resin Erhu, and such, Not the best but not totally horible.
All the ones I mention above do work for midi program control change.
There is an Erhu on Rare Instruments, which would be the best one Because from what i have read and heard Rare Instruments is Amazing!
http://www.eastwestsamples.com/details.php?cd_index=740
if that comes with the mulitsampled Erhu then that is the best deal for your money^_*

Hey Strangecat, I think it sounds great. It could use a sustain Pedal here and there. But for the most part I think its great. The piano is kinda Bright in places where I think it should not have been, I think thats what your talkin about. Did you try adjusting the velocity of the notes or sections you want more mellow? I don't know, I think is a good piece. Well done.:victory:

My MP3Unsigned Link
Nelson Ortiz @ SoundClick Link
Mind4Beatz @ SoundClick Link

Simtiz Productions
Nelson Ortiz
Good Luck!!

"Simtiz Productions" is a division of the "Simtiz Music Group"

Yo! no good that is the sound of the grand Piano in Sibelius 3 Kontakt Gold, I tried adjusting the brightness control and attack, and well...it's just Bright LOL! The pedeling is completely like a real piano in the score though^_*
There is a lot that that Bright Piano is missing, it messes up a few dynamics. That was the first arrangement I did in Sibelius 3 since I just upgraded. Maybe there is something I'll figure out later about that piano or something, I ams sure I should fool around more with Sibelius 3, but right now i am have to start arranging this other tune...Thanks for your Reply!

Back