Signature Trap Synth - Hesher/Dark Horses

DJFUNGI

Hey everybody I'm really trying to get some quick help making what seems to be a signature trap synth played in a lot of heavy drops. In both Dark Horse by Katy Perry and Hesher by Wallpaper when the drop starts there's a pitched vocal hook synth (that's the best way I can describe it). My cousin and I are working on a track tonight so I'm hoping I can find this sound soon.

Also any ideas on how to go about finding certain sounds when I'm not sure where to starts?

Thanks,
DJ Fungi

I would say just record an audio sample and put it into a midi clip. I bet thats what they did. Thats how I do it. Then just manipulate the pitch with your keyboard or whatever. Let me know if you need more detailed instructions

Yeah, you even said what it is yourself. It's not really a hard sound to "make". Just load a vocal into some type of sampler and play your melody in with midi.

I hate when people give "alternatives", its like going to GNC for a specific supplement and they offer you other ones. Anyways, its a Nexus preset, I am currently searching for it. I have used the patch before so I know its from Nexus, Just can't remember which patch. If and when i find it i will let you know bro..

Back