Searching for the elusive Daft Punk Vox Sound

nafix

I'm referring to the vocals heard in Around the World, Digital Love, and some of their other songs. I've done a lot of searching around the internet and tweaking audio but to little avail.
I already know the obvious suggestions of Autotune, vocoder, and talkbox. But their vocal effect is more complex than this and is likely a combination of these tools in addition to some nice filters and mixing techniques.
Personally, I think they use vocoded and talkboxed audio and throw it into an analog filter set to a telephone effect.
I would love to hear input from other people.
I have a talkbox and vst vocoder so I'm ready to try promising suggestions.

Firstly, it is a great sound for vocals, especially when you don't have a good vocalist for a track. Secondly, I like being able to emulate sounds and have new techniques in my tool kit. It is also a good way to learn. Maybe you don't like to do that and that is fine. Thirdly, I don't want to take their sound. I would like to get something close and then do my own personalization from there. You could ask that same question on just about every thread in this forum. I was hoping people would only post constructive comments...

Back