Scores with Fruityloops???

ONE80

i am currently a hip hop producer but i belive that i am more passionate about film scoring. i just wanted to know if yall think that making soundtracks with FL Studio is absurd. i don't know what equipment to use in making soundtracks and FL is all i have and can afford. could yall check out some of my stuff and tell me if i am on the right track?
i had an Anime in mind while creating them.

they're located below my Rap beats..
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/0/oneightymusic.htm

Dude, I listened to some of your stuff a while back when you posted in this forum, some of the beats you've labelled "background music" are pretty impressive, although it's hard to say whether they would fit any particular picture or scene without actually seeing it synced to the music.

I don't see any problem with scoring a film in fruityloops, anything that produces music is capable of "film scoring", although a program that allows you to sync music to video (e.g. Cubase) will probably make your life a whole lot easier. Also I find Fruity is somewhat unstable with some of the tools I use, esp. the Native Instruments stuff like Absynth and Kontakt. But that could just be me.

I am also looking to compose music for anime(which being not japanese and not in Japan is impossible, one it's because of all the damn paper work, two Japan has this crazy work visa thing. Anywayz you do not see the anime you are writing music for, you are told the seen or what they want for the music, you do not sync the music to the anime.)there is not enough time to do that) So say you create some song as a piano arrangement, then that song you arrange as the production(maybe a jpop group plays it as the op, that song is also the theme for one of the characters, so you arrange that to strings whatever, also you create a lot of background grooves and other themes to fit what they tell you, intense music, feeling of sadness etc...Fl Studio would get you going on your whole production for groove style music, but not composition, which is ok^_*(after all you just need a piano or keyboard(some instrument), pen and staff paper. If you know someone in the industry the impossible becomes possible, even just doing some hard techno tracks to add to a the bgm, it could be done.
A lot of directors for anime movies will look for some outside talant to add a few tracks to an anime movie)look at the people who did the music for Masumune Shirow Apple Seed Movie)(but generally the whole anime bgm is done by the one composer or two or three in japan. If I had a big studio and could have any musician at my finger tips I wouldn't even use a computer. Also Film scoring does not mean just composition, what you are doing now could pass for a lot of films! Good Luck Man!

Stop trying to get more praise ONE80..you know ur shyt is hot...

yess Im Hating :D

Last edited by a moderator:
acid is another pretty inexpensive program that could sync music to video u could go as far as changing music as the scene changes i did a couple of paintball videos to some linkin park music with it and i did a couple of dragon ballz vids with system of a down music they turned out awesome....but that was a while ago...

I do film music on FL Studio all the Time. I can not afford an Orchestra. Samples, Samples and More samples is the key. There is no right or wrong software to write music. Its what you can get out of it. I listen to some of your stuff and your in the right direction. It all depends on what your scoring. Here are 2 Scores I did in "FL Studio Producer Edition 4.5.2".

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Showmp3.asp?mp3id=3077&aid=1389

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Showmp3.asp?mp3id=2898&aid=1389

Hear is my soundclick music site link. Most of this music was done in FL Studio also.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/9/nelsonortizmusic.htm

If there is any thing I can do to help you get on track, Just let me know.

Simtiz Productions
Nelson Ortiz
Good Luck!!

"Simtiz Productions" is a division of the "Simtiz Music Group"

flstudio is pretty much an all-round useful for any musical purposes ;) if you need to have it as a notation, just export to MIDI and open it in notation softwares such as Cakewalk Overture or anything else similar

Oh dear, there's those 'H' words again. "Hip" and "Hop".....***shudders***. I thought this was a music forum.

Likwidkrome said:
Oh dear, there's those 'H' words again. "Hip" and "Hop".....***shudders***. I thought this was a music forum.

i think quite a few people will disagree with you on this opinion..

just because tastes differ, it doesn't make it bad in general, does it? ;)

Can anyone tell me how I can get into film scoring. I have been making beats for a while now and many of my beats sound like the kind that should be in the background of a movie. Any info would help, thanx...

Likwidkrome said:
Last I heard, "Hip" and "Hop" were both music. Likwid, I didn't take you for the hateful closed minded type. Try re-wording that.

Back