Saving CPU technique (Good idea?)

Sequence2

In Ableton live, the user can have a midi/ audio channel with a sound loaded and playing. You can then load effect units into it (IE beat repeat, simple delay, etc). The end result in some circumstances is a channel with 3-4 effect units, that ultimately puts more load on the CPU. In this type of situation, is it frowned upon to then record the audio piece into another audio channel so that the sound/ effects are then recorded into the new audio channel. I assume that this will save CPU, but could it be at the cost of quality? (I know our ears are the ultimate testers of this, but I was just wondering for my own curiosity)
Any feedback is appreciated! Thanks

No quality difference. You can just use the freeze function though (which is basically the same thing - it renders the track's output to audio while retaining the plugins inactive in the background) - this way you can always go back & change the settings if you need to.

I bounce stuff down all of the time for cpu saving reasons and also because i feel like i have more control of the material. I can duplicate, reverse it, throw some more effects on it and do whatever i want to the wave form.

I also just started messing around with recording my plugin sounds to audio so I can do more with them without having good ol ableton crash on me during a session. I think anything you can do to make your computer's job easier is a good idea. Lately the plugin that has been giving me trouble is alchemy. My reason for not ditching it though is that it can do basically everything I need it to do and then some. I know I'm going off topic a bit but do any of you uys know how to recover work done on ableton after it just crashed. Cause I keep losing projects that sound hella dope and the usual suspect is always alchemy. Think my relationship with that plugin is the same as one between an abusive husband and his way too understanding wife. Alchemy keeps kicking me in the rear and I keep coming back. Think I need a new sample-synth thingy(lol yeah I did just call it a thingy).

Now back to the subject at hand, I haven't nooticed any loss of sound quality when recording my sounds into an audio track. if any of y'all have good alternatives please do mention them

Back