Reversed Synth - How to?

TORM3NTO

Hello guys, I'm back with a new question.. I wanted to know how to make that reversed synth in the intro of the song -"Tinashe - Pretend ft. A$AP Rocky"
(I can't post links because I still didn't reach 5 posts).
Do you think they actually sample each note seperately, reverse it and then load it back in the sequencer? Thank you in advance!!

What I normally do is to record a synth normally, export it as a wav, then put the wav in the project again, but reversing it. You can achieve some interesting sounds this way.

I'm working on an EP right now, two songs only, and both are done this way.

I dont know exactly what Tinashe did, but I would assume that the synth was recorded, then reversed. After that the sample was propably dragged into some form of piano roll, then programmed there. In FL studio the piano roll can transpose any sample in the piano roll. This is much faster than recording every single note. I hope this helped you :)

I dont know exactly what Tinashe did, but I would assume that the synth was recorded, then reversed. After that the sample was propably dragged into some form of piano roll, then programmed there. In FL studio the piano roll can transpose any sample in the piano roll. This is much faster than recording every single note. I hope this helped you :)

Exactly what I answered.

thank you guys for responding quickly, I tried to reply before but somehow the internet was running really slow.. From what I heard in other songs, the notes don't form an actual melody.. The question is, should I write down some kind of string pattern? I get the reversed effect, but the way I write the notes makes the reversed version too precise.. I don't know if you guys understand what I mean..

thank you guys for responding quickly, I tried to reply before but somehow the internet was running really slow.. From what I heard in other songs, the notes don't form an actual melody.. The question is, should I write down some kind of string pattern? I get the reversed effect, but the way I write the notes makes the reversed version too precise.. I don't know if you guys understand what I mean..
To be honest, no, I don't. Audio example?

Back