Recommend VSTs for drum creation?

Across the Aether

Unidentified Entity
Currently I do not have the means to record percussion, and I don't want to rely on only samples. Any recommendation for (preferably free) plugins to build drums through additive synthesis (this is an area of production I haven't touched on, so I'd prefer one with a good learning curve for beginners) would be appreciated. I use FL Studio btw.

invest!
buy a module of an electronic drumkit. (roland is the sound you here in most commercial music)
once you have one of those, the possibilities are endless!
(or a synth, and learn to program a synth, then you can get all the sounds you want for drums)

the ****up is,
most of you bought a MIDI keyboard with no sounds...
that's why you have to rely on vst.
buy a middle budget keyboard with a built-in sound generator.
if you can work with the fx's on the most (free) sequencerprograms, you have the best studio you can wish for, use audacity (freeware!!!) to record, it's the best there is, even better then most other programs which can be very expensive.

it all comes down to combining the right toys.
vst works if you pay high prices for high quality vst on a high prefr. computer,
otherwise it's like trying to race a F1 race on your tri-cicle.

wanna make music that sounds pro, get pro knowledge, and use budget gear, but don't expect to get there totally free,
that's just the way it works.

remember, the music back in the days were made with gear that you can get very cheap now second hand!! even low budget new stuff beats the most high quality of 20 years ago.

the thing is:
it will always come down to the manipulation of the magnets of the speakers that plays the music... and that will never change, at least not for years to come, dig in to that and you will learn the real tricks to get any sound, any genre everywhere

Last edited by a moderator:
Back