reason just for beats?

Ministrydoc

hey I was just wonderin, ive been using reason fer a while (2.5) and i've been making beats with just that

I mean that I make the beat/melodies/ n all that then export to Adobe audition
which reminds me is there a better sequencer program that I can use i've been using it since CEP2 but want to try a more professional approach. What about Cubase?, anyway they said that Audition could be wired with reason but i can't figure that out either.

but do you think theres a wider range of ideas out there if i used say

Reason, FLS etc?

holla back

yo check out my new Southern type beat
tell me what you think

thA Ain't ReDe

peace

i dont know if audition supports rewire, but read your audition and reason manuals and that will tell you what you need to to to rewire them together. usually it is a very simple procedure (like 3 clicks). . .

i don't really know anything about audition, but some good sequencers that i always hear about are protools, nuendo, logic (for mac). i use cubase sx for my tracking, and i can't think of any features that i am lacking.

hmm I've just been using reason also. been thinking about getting a keyboard like a motif. Is there a good way to use both in combination? Rewire into some program or ....?

you can use the motif's midi capabilities with reason. . . it will probably come with software to set it up. . .

if you get a keyboard, I sugjest one with key sensitivity. Those are expensive, but the best out there.

hmm i can use it with reason? you mean just as a midi controller? i thought if i wanted to, say, put down some drums in reason and play something on the motif, i would need another program to record both to...?

I find reason helpful, but it doesnt satisfy all of my recording needs. I need something 'bigger'.

Adobe Audition 1.5 supports rewire and VSTs. I can't get the damn thing to rewire with Reason 2.5 either. I followed the instructions precisely. I still get a high pitched distortion. Even posted about it on an Audition message board. Haven't found a solution yet.

I'm going have to try exporting each track as WAV and loading it in multi track.

thuglifexl said:
hmm i can use it with reason? you mean just as a midi controller? i thought if i wanted to, say, put down some drums in reason and play something on the motif, i would need another program to record both to...?

well, you can use the motif as a midi controller to control reason, but you would have to have another sequencer to record from the motif.

just as an example - you rewire reason to cubase sx. you can control reason from the motif, and record it into cubase. you can also record from the motif into cubase. . . now you track it and put it together in cubase.

cubase is a very good sequencer, but the best one is hard to say. there are other sequencers that are just as good, but with less features (traktion comes to mind) - and there are other expensive ones like protools, nuendo, etc. . . if you do a search on here you will probably find tons of info on lots of different ones.

:cheers:

I know this is a reason thread.. however for a reason rewire host. tracktion.

I like how tracktion never seems to hang or freeze when running reason via rewire. cubase gets very stuttery on my system running a lot of vst or rewire.
The sound quality comming out is also excellent.
My system is a titanium g4 400 laptop w/768 ram and reason and traktion both run smooth at the same time. Since I started using tracktion I have hardly used cubase.. startup time is also only seconds.

Hey there. I recommend using Reason 2.5 with abelton live 4 if you can get your hands on it. Now thats a dope combination via REwire. Abelton is so easy to use and anything you make in Reason can easily be recorded straight into abelton.

Boab

Back