pod xt

+48

i just bought a pod xt pro, (the rack version) and i can't get my guitars to sound heavy enough...i'm trying to achieve a pantera guitar sound, but the pod sound weak, more like the who guitars! anyone have any suggestions on tweaking that thing to give me super-heavy-gainy-ass distortion?!!

Point one would be to turn the drive to full and set the amp model to the Mesa Boogie dual rectified setting increase the treble and bass and slightly roll off the midrange.

Another way to get a fat sound would be to use a heavier guage of strings - nothing lower than .11 guage.

i never thought the string size really mattered, i thought it was just a speed issue.

fatter strings will help a little bit, but they won't turn a who guitar sound into a pantera one

1/ Layer the guitar tracks
2/ Compress
3/ Eq the bottom end, believe it or not it actually tricks the ear into getting that pantera sound
4/ also the bass guitar plays a part

thanks for the advice...i'm going to try that. so far i've been messing with the solo 100 and it's got ok distortion but it's missing that wetness, or the real gainy sound. however the chorus effect does help a bit.

oh you should also upgrade to the 'model packs'. you get some awesome high gain amps and effects. with the original pod xt, it was reknown for having crap high gain models.

Back