Please help me understand all the instruments in the arrangement

Obamatitts

1) 0:00 - 0:14 - Original sample from The Moments - Baby Let's Rap Now slowed down to 1 octave
2) From 0:15 comes an easy saw base, nothing special
3) Also from 0:15 seconds stared the main part consist of drums (few kicks(808+regular)+shaker, few claps (with a big reverb)+snare)) + some quiet pad (maybe strings)
4) On 0:25 second is start playing some bells
5) From 0:46 second start play violas,violins and some piano-type sound to right channel (don't know what it is)
6) 0:57- 1:01 flute?
7) 1:03 synth (saw+fast decay)
8) 1:14, 1:30 some part of brass (tube?)
9) 1:13, 1:20, 1:29, 1:36 и т.д, don't know what it is (some people sayed me that it's a reversed piano from omnisphere, but i didn't find actual patch)

So there is no major instruments in the rest of the song, execpt for some little parts of staccato violas и electro guitar riff from 3:47 and harp 4:02)

Please tell me where I'm wrongespecially interested in 4,5, 6, 8,9

Last edited:
3. the quiet pad is just violins

4. those bells are the same sound you hear at 9. an electric piano with some phasing and delay added

5. the piano is a straight forward acoustic piano that has been mic'd to be a bit more woody than normal (no reverb on the instrument itself in fact) - if this were an upright piano I would have taken the front and top off and then used a microphone some 6' behind the soundboard as well as a plate/pzm type mic on the soundboard

6. yes this is a pair of flutes, possibly doubled with an alto/bass flute (a 4th lower or 8ve lower)

8. not brass but a bass guitar

9. see 4. above

Thank you very much! Very helpful info.
But i can't even image how to make electric piano sound like this (9 point). If you could make a little example, it would be great...

Also in 8 point, are we taking about the same things? This sound 4:53 - 4:57 and 5:01-5:04 can be really a bass guitar? It sound more like brass...

Last edited:
Well, after 4 hours i can't make anything even close to that sound. I tried 4Front E-Piano and Rhodes but still can't do anything. Can you help me (I bet that you can do it easily)...

Back