Playing drums

I

interner

I hope someday i can just hire a drum programmer but that day is not here so I rreally need advice on the best way to program drums. I dont have a problem with making beats but when someone gives u there acappella and says put me behind a beat its differnt. I losing hair because i cant get tthe sounds right. I know, have them come in and sing over your beat, well thats not an option right now. Plz give me your best ways to get the 2 in sync with each other. I am going to try beat detective thats my last option. The only thing is u have to have it composed first to use it AHHHHH!

try tapping out a drum rhythm with your fingers while listening to the song. record your tapping, and then you can figure out how to translate your taps into musical notes. after that, you can recreat the beat, but with a sequencer. then you should have no problem synching the two

when u say tap out i understand but with what kind of sound to use for tap? I gonna try reguardless thanks any other info helpful

interner said:
Full sail sucks oops did i say that?

haha!!! u go there??? two of my friends are going but I haven't decided yet thats a lot of $_$ and I havent heard anything special I checked it out its ok for the money.... any thoughts???

There is nothing wrong with Full Sail, there is a lot of Full Sail haters (who normally dont finish or lack drive). Full Sail is an education, worth the money if you plan on working in this business.

Choice said:
There is nothing wrong with Full Sail, there is a lot of Full Sail haters (who normally dont finish or lack drive). Full Sail is an education, worth the money if you plan on working in this business.

Well I'm not a Full sail hater, I just have a tuff decision to make over the next couple of months, I've been and it does look nice no doubt. I'll definetly put some thought into it.

Back