Pattern Arrangement

Kaedenz

I'm entering into my second year of making beats and I've have good instrumentation and complex patterns...however I've been told by an accomplished youtube producer that my arranging of the patterns kills my beats and an underground rapper told me he felt like my beats were dead....not all of everyone who hears my beats say this but i was wondering if there is something I can do about this or is it an intuitive thing.

It's hard to say without hearing your stuff. Maybe you make it too complex though and need to simplify things some.

if you search KaedenzMusic on google you should be able to get to my youtube channel...im sorry i cant provide links or anything...im on a school computer

Just listened and I didn't hear anything that kills your beats. As far as them being dead just a dd a few change ups, maybe another couple of sounds that come in or some drop outs.

gotta agree. however it looks like your master channel is too hot, leading to digital distortion. This could also be the dead sound they are referring to - it doesn't have any dynamic contrast - loud and soft passages and movement between the two states whether gradual or sudden.

Look at your mix rather than your notes. Put some "air" and space into your mix - eq, compress, maximize

Work on your drums first...and keep it as 'unbusy' as possible in the melodic elements...play with frequencies, and mixing techniques too, if it is a 'bigger' beat. I used to have the same issues(still probably do) but that's where the mix becomes CRUCIAL.

Back