Orchester in your PC (Edirol/Garriton/Vienna/and so on)

Pascal21

We checked out:

EW/QL Symphonic Orchestra Platinum
Vienna Symphonic Library
Garriton Orchester
Philharmonik (Ik Media)
Edirol

We listened to there Demos/Patches in a top, Tom Hidley Studio, together with a Konzert-Piano player and a junger, but very talented violin player. We also had a engineer with over 25 years of experience on the team.

We liked the Vienna (everybody prevers those samples), but they sound so near and hard. I think the EW/QL Symphonic Orchestra sounded the best.

What do you think???
We don't want to replace a live orchester, that can never be done!!! But this issue is very hot in every board.

Pascal

Make sure when you test all of these string VST's to turn off the effects that they are put through. Most of the time if not all, the dry signal is put through reverb and chorus. Just somethin a ran across on my way to orchestration heaven.

Skitz

some1 hook me up wit dat vienna symphonic library plz i herd its f**ked

Bouncermc said:

LoL, ye can someone also hook me up wiv a Ferrari in red colour... And maybe a house too! yea...

Bouncermc said:

I can hook you up with an
english/grammar teacher.

Pascal21 said:
We don't want to replace a live orchester, that can never be done!!! [/B]

edit: LOL, this guy posted that august of last year, what the hell.

About that...
Since these orchestra VSTs are so expensive, do they offer the user with complete control of the virtual instrument/musician? Would you ever know the difference between these fancy VSTs and a real orchestra

For instance: Suppose I wanted to make the virtual violinist pluck their string instead of play it regularly, or edit an already existing song to make the virtual guitarist play certain notes with a muted tone.

Last edited:
Back