New Style..COmposing

Mainboi23SX

My Man...
I been thinkin about what I want my style to be.. I dont want it to be some regular New York Style hip hop underground music. I'm trying to do something different. I been searching on the internet for stuff.. like middle east asia, asian european, south american and if Antartica has a sytle music. Do you think that it will take the hip hop out of it?

Do whatever music your heart tells you to do. Whether it ends up being labelled "hip hop" or not doesn't matter. Good music is good music. Experimentation is a great thing.

It sounds like you're worried that if you try something different, it might not be good. I think you should set out to do something crazy... something that almost sucks intentionally. A lot of times you stumble on something that is dope. Because you were uninhibited due to you trying to make a crappy beat, you tried something you wouldn't have otherwise.

And if the beat ends up positively crappy... who cares. Just scrap it and start a new one, look at it as a learning experience.

Even the best producers have ****ty beats. They just never let anybody hear them.

timbaland only samples that **** now and for awhile. the beauty of rap is that u can sample anything, bring any type of influance into it, do ANYTHING and as long as the beats thumpin its hiphop. Hiphop is anything and everything, its the most powerfull music ever

you can dilute your meme pool by going outward/global or inward - raw elements are raw elements/basic logic ny hiphop or no

order is any sequence

adopt and discard as preferable ;)

I think dude saying its either NY hip hop or no hip hop sound at all. Tell you the truth Jimba Frosty... Want He Say?

basic elements of music are basic elements, wherever you are

if you gotta 'get' styles, you can also get it from....................

nature, the arrangement of birds on the wire, the rhythm of some crap rattling aorund, its not like human culture is th only place sequence/rhythm/tunes comes from

sample some squeaky gate everyone uses, hot magic

I made a gangsta Wu-tang sounding beat using only samples from an Indian sitar player. As long as you filter & EQ it right, you can make it sound gangsta.

- Dirty Rice

on what u hear. thers no other type of music that takes every style and influance and uses it

interesting. I guess I'd agree with that. I don't really like hip hop at all, but it definitely does incorporate a lot of styles.

hahaa!

that xoxos post, followed by dirty rice's.......

oh that is funny......

doods all zen like, with 'birds on a wire' and then next post--'you can make a sitar sound gangster...'

fukkin awesome.....

peace.

Back