new to electro house

P

pablocaballero

hi all, i've been making hardstyle now for 2 years and a few weeks back i tried to make a sort of electro track just for fun. but after that i realized that electro just fits me way more. so i've been searching youtube to all kinds of diffrent electro tracks. i heard that tracks with a hard drop with a growling bassline and alot of other fx but i also heard this sort of electro songs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2okm3iRgH8 the part i am talking about starts around 1 minute, but there are alot of other songs with this kind of drops. to me it sounds like a supersaw chord melody with some sort of bass under it and some square riffs, correct me if i am wrong
i like this style so much, if i listen to it the sounddesign seems to be very simple but i just cant get the right sounds, or does it depends on the arrangement?

it will be very helpfull if someone can tell me some thing about this kind of electro house and sounddesign :)

The drop doesn't add too many elements in that weren't already there in the build up. The drop is more about the kick coming back in 'four to the floor' and everything coming in and getting hella sidechained with that kick. There are a few other sounds in there, but it's going to be pretty hard to make an EXACT copy of someone's sounds, because usually the best producers tweak their sounds so that they are a little different. Just make your own sounds and watch in a year when someone posts on future producers asking how to make pablocaballero's sounds.

It's a LOT easier to make a unique sound than to copy a unique sound.

Back