New chick on the block

Status
Not open for further replies.
geoff_emerick said:
You idiots!!!!!!!

-aadenn (Its all the letters in my name in alphabetical order :))

Nandea...Andned...Nanade...Dennaa...lol Oh c'mon! Why the code with the name thing?? Why do people feel they need to be so secretive with their first names? A first name is a first name. Theres billions of them out there. It's not like a social security number or anything.

You still never answered my question about you musical style. The type of music you create.

And who are the Beatles???

Gotcha!;)

Ajari said:
Some forgotten British nobodies from like a thousand years ago. Danger Mouse came across them while digging and did a killer remix of their stuff with Jay-Z's 'The Black Album' acapella over the top.

It's great seeing new artists rescue obscure works like this :)

Ajari said:

Nandea...Andned...Nanade...Dennaa...lol Oh c'mon! Why the code with the name thing?? Why do people feel they need to be so secretive with their first names? A first name is a first name. Theres billions of them out there. It's not like a social security number or anything.

You still never answered my question about you musical style. The type of music you create.

Gotcha!;)

Ah, you got me!!! Your not a bad guy after all! :) I just dont like telling people who I am....It makes it fun. Anyways, I try to create shoegazer. I didnt ignore your question I just didnt see it. Sorry.....

-Deanna (Very good figuring it out. Most people dont even know the name exists!) :)

geoff_emerick said:

Ah, you got me!!! Your not a bad guy after all! :) I just dont like telling people who I am....It makes it fun. Anyways, I try to create shoegazer. I didnt ignore your question I just didnt see it. Sorry.....

-Deanna (Very good figuring it out. Most people dont even know the name exists!) :)

Ha ha! I knew that one would work:) Deanna is actually a nice name. But shoegazer...wow...damn...I dunno...gotta look that one up. I have no idea what that would sound like. You got any examples? A web page perhaps?

lol uh oh...Rhythm22.....heh heh.....
-Ajari-

Shoegazer is (or was) a style of music that was a popular style of indie music.

To get an idea of it sounds like try looking up these bands in your Web Browser:

My Bloody Valentine
Slowdive
Rollerskate Skinny
Ride
Kitchens of Distinction (may be more difficult to find stuff on these guys!)

Thats a good start. Other (non-gazer) bands that influence my music are:

The beatles :)
Ween
Guided by voices
Mercury Rev (some people agrue they are in-fact gazer.)
The Flaming Lips (somewhat)

Thats really it. Gazer is really noisy and hard to listen to for long periods of time. From what I've seen people use lots of overdubs/layers/samples and effects. Its really neat actually.

I hate my first name! :rolleyes:

Hey scrappygirl. Your'e the first girl I'VE seen on this forum(thats probably why you get 50 pages on your post). I'm sure there are others but......anyway I wanna let you know I'm a noob too. I have been tryin to do some R&B. don't be a stranger to the forums.......or me (lonely) out

wassup 2 all my new niggas out there. thanks 4 the warm welcomes n ****. i've been tryin 2 do my own thang here in O town tryin 2 step up my game n whatever but i'm definitely hittin sum of you up 4 beats n hooks n whatnot so keep up wit me aight. Peace

scrappygirlxxl said:
wassup 2 all my new niggas out there. thanks 4 the warm welcomes n ****. i've been tryin 2 do my own thang here in O town tryin 2 step up my game n whatever but i'm definitely hittin sum of you up 4 beats n hooks n whatnot so keep up wit me aight. Peace

You're so gangsta. This has nothing to do with composition, so I"m closing the thread.

dam. i missed this whole entirely entertaining thread :mad:

oh well. all gangster things come to and end.

ps. i thought everyone knew geoff was a female. i knew it for months. her style of writing is a bit androgenous but she's been dropping hints for a while now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back